Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacilore

Light Blue water textures where they shouldn't be. Way to correct them?

Guest jacilore

Hello all: I have a problem that I think should be very common, but have not found any information about its possible solution.The problem is that the scenery of the island where I live, Tenerife, has on several parts of the island a tropical light blue water tone which doesn't look by far similar to the real one. (That you can see it in the attachment file). I have tried many addon water textures, and the only one that gave this zone an homogeneous tone is BLUER WATER, but the standard colour of the water looks too intense and unrealistic for me.So I once tried to change manually the water textures to correct the water tone of this zone, but I realised I had to change too many (nearly all from 001b2wa1 to 060b2wa1), soso the really tropical zones of the world would not result as they should.So at this point the question I would like to know most is:Which parameters (longitude, latitude, water does FS use, and how, to assign water textures for any coast of the world?(I don't need an exhaustive answer, I would only like to know what the assignment of water textures depends on, to see if I can be able to correct this issue)Thanks anticipatedJacilore

Hi Jacilore,the water textures (classes) are assigned with a single, global file, called worldwc.bgl, in SceneryBasescenery. You can load this file into tmfviewer.exe (which is a small utility that is part of the FS204 Terrain SDK package http://fsinsider.com/downloads/fs2004_down...m#Terrain%20SDK ) and look at the distribution of classes in your area.Just like for land class textures you can make your own water class file that will override the global file. With this file you can either call the default textures or make your own and place them in a texture subdirectory.Utilities for making water class files are SBuilder, Ground2K4, and others. A good place to start looking for links and support for these tools is the Avsim scenery design forum: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=123Good luck! Cheers,Holger

Guest jacilore

Thank you very much Holger. It looks like you have found me a way a good entertainment for a rather long time.At least i think I'll learn something.

For a few dollars more you can go to www.flight1.com. Get the FS Environment. Since I got this my environments have never looked so good. It improves the clouds and water with fantastic results.Don't get me wrong, there are some good freewares out there that deal with water and clouds. Just search the library for these.Kevin

This is from the Pacific Ocean:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=222309Don't know how the water looks at your location, but I got this water from a file called waterzone.zip. As usual I fooled around without a clue of what I was doing, and ended up with a nice result. When I added waterzone I already had Flight1 environment installed

Guest jacilore

Thanks to all for your interest:I have already FSwater, which I think is the part of Flight Environment that deals most with water, and I am happy with it.The problem is all the addons I have tried (almost all but waterzone.zip and maybe few other), select the lightest blue tone for some zones which should be standard dark blue.So I guess I will begin to deal with landclass files, as Holger first suggested me.Anyway your shots, ORN look very good so I am first going to try waterzone and see what happens.See you later.

JaciloreThe landclass tool I like is the one you use with MS Excel. I believe it is called "LandClass Assistant". Fixing the water around Tenerife, or Ibiza, or wherever would be pretty easy using that application.There is another one called, "EZ-Landclass" but I think it is the standalone app, rather than plugging into Excel. Of course, if you don't have Excel that kind of limits you to which one you can use.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jacilore

Thanks a lot Rhett. I do have Excel, so I am already downloading Landclass Assistant