Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Why I bought FSW

Knew FSW was early release and treat that way, and to see its potential expiloted here. When multi-player gathers steam unmoderated  ATC rooms to watch trolls act crazy haha.  Still, fly Xplane more and fsx As I got my add ons invested there, but chipping $25.00 in to help develop fsw is good as keep competing platforms on thier toes to innovate. 

1 hour ago, fshobby said:

Have you set WideViewAspect=1 in the [Display] section of FSW.cfg?

Yes, tried that. Unfortunately it's a bit too far the other way...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Soon AVSIM will be flooded with: "Why I bought P3D V4".

Damn legit topics that would be, hehe:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

2 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

LMAO, probably. Personally, I like the idea of there being some equivalent internet forum somewhere, where there's a load of people moaning or praising other LM products, with thread titles such as: 'Why we procured the F-35 Lightning II', where other people barge in on the thread with comments such as: 'Even though I know the Chengdu J-20 and the Sukhoi PAK FA T50 are still in early access or beta as far as fifth-generation warplanes with stealth features go, I'm going to use them as my main fighters when they go on sale.' :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

33 minutes ago, Chock said:

'Even though I know the Chengdu J-20 and the Sukhoi PAK FA T50 are still in early access or beta as far as fifth-generation warplanes with stealth features go, I'm going to use them as my main fighters when they go on sale.' :laugh:

"The LM F-35 at 199,000,000 $ is too expensive to buy and maintain, even if it's supported by the largest weapons add-on maker, so I'm switching to Chengdu J-20 at only 25,000,000 $ while it's still in early access."

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

3 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

Or.....

...."Why I did not buy Fsw/P3D/(and so on...)":biggrin:

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Quote; 

"Or.....

...."Why I did not buy Fsw/P3D/(and so on...)"

Regards,"

Your correct, don't buy any new sim so we can stop this forward movement in it's tracks and stick with good old FSX9  :biggrin:

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Your correct, don't buy any new sim so we can stop this forward movement in it's tracks and stick with good old FSX9  :biggrin:

You heretic! FS95 is the bomb!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

31 minutes ago, n4gix said:

FS95 is the bomb!

A stink bomb...

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

A stink bomb...

I resemble that remark!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

13 hours ago, gizmosellsbunnys said:

Knew FSW was early release and treat that way, and to see its potential expiloted here. When multi-player gathers steam unmoderated  ATC rooms to watch trolls act crazy haha.  Still, fly Xplane more and fsx As I got my add ons invested there, but chipping $25.00 in to help develop fsw is good as keep competing platforms on thier toes to innovate. 

What 25 dollar ? When I find this on steam the price listed is 25 Euro

20 minutes ago, jfri said:

What 25 dollar ? When I find this on steam the price listed is 25 Euro

Depends on where you live, I would expect..

Bert

Yup! And for that 25€ you also have Accu-Feel, ORBX Global and for the first time ever, rain on windshield (some points that get forgotten most of the time).

LM does a great job and those guys are sooo clever! By clever I mean they are clever enough to pack bits and bits of features but newer the whole thing. In this form we always have the need to buy the next version. Remenber the cloud shadows in V3, now it's 64bits with rain and snow but no rain on windshield...I bet you all that V5 will get the nice drops :).

I think the best way for all of us (and the devs) will be that LM and DTG become best friends and work on 1 sim to dominate them all! 

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Sigh...again with the rain drops...

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Sigh...again with the rain drops...

So what? Maybe your immersion is ruined if the font on the PFD of your airliner is not the correct one; maybe someone's else immersion is ruined if the raindrops on the aircraft windshield do not look realistic at all.

Everyone has different priorities on what they look for in a flight simulator. It's been explained to you multiple times, but you seem not able to grasp that. Stop with your contemptuous attitude on everything related to FSW.

• Upvote 5

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]