Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Why I bought FSW

8 hours ago, Murmur said:

So what? Maybe your immersion is ruined if the font on the PFD of your airliner is not the correct one; maybe someone's else immersion is ruined if the raindrops on the aircraft windshield do not look realistic at all.

Everyone has different priorities on what they look for in a flight simulator. It's been explained to you multiple times, but you seem not able to grasp that. Stop with your contemptuous attitude on everything related to FSW.

Hey buddy,

no need to pick on him :).

There are ones who enjoy every bit of immersion they can get (even if it's not so realistic) and those who think they don't need anything else what the sim hasn't already packed within (and yeah..if other devs have it, it's not worth mentioning it).

I bet some get their effect just crying infront of the 4K monitor when its raining outside :P...

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

You mispresume in dictating to me.  Opinions are expressed.  Don't like mine?  Too bad.  Suck it up.

Opinions are perfectly fine. A contemptuous attitude of constant spitting on FSW with the accompanying allusion that the features you like in a flight sim are the only ones worth having, is just childish (I sincerely hope you're, like, 14 years old) and poisons the forum.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I understand my input is not helpful and, since I have no intention of purchasing FSW, I will leave this thread.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

I understand my input is not helpful and, since I have no intention of purchasing FSW, I will leave this thread.

All input is helpful providing it is at least an attempt to be constructive in one's criticism. Even coming onto the thread and saying why you've not bought it and went for an alternative could be helpful, since it would let the developers know how many people regard the features or whatever for a different sim platform to be critical in making a purchase decision. Any company is going to find such information as that useful.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

23 hours ago, Chock said:

All input is helpful providing it is at least an attempt to be constructive in one's criticism....

I agree with this!  I for one am looking to go to a 64bit sim at some point, but the realization is, there is not a "perfect sim" to be had.  Knowing this, I will choose the sim that best fits my needs and accept the fact that there will be inherent shortfalls in whatever sim I choose.  I think it's good to hear from those brand loyalists as much as it is from those that run multiple sims and use them for what they see as giving them the best experience and of course others.  I think this dialog and debate is only good for the community and opens ideas and opportunities to be able to do our own research and trials to weed out fact from opinion.  In the end, I think better informed decisions will be made rather that jumping in with both feet - sink or swim effect.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

You say you like the graphics, is it essentially the same as fsx+orbx global ? How's the texture sharpness? 

Im aware its still early access, and yes its still a good deal for 25$.

It is indeed  like FSX+Orbx Global with new lighting.

Bert