Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Spartan freeware

> Just wondering if maybe you were part of the early Spartan>beta test team? I don't have a cowl flaps control in the VC,>Beta4 version or the release version.> The ST_Spartan.CAB has an xml file for the cowl flaps>(HW_Cowl Flaps 1sw.xml), but none of the called for bitmaps>(HW_Sw_Ctr.bmp, HW_Sw_off1.bmp, HW_Sw_on.bmp) are present. No>call for the cowl flaps are present in the panel.cfg.> Enquiring minds??My sincere apologies, but I was confusing this with another great a/c I've looked at recently (Bill's Bellanca Cruisemaster), which does in fact have the cowl flaps control in the VC at the position I indicated...*:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Milton

The Nav lights are part of the model and were therefore not listed in the lights section. It is okay to add them however if you prefer them to be brighter. :-)The light on the rudder is also part of the model as you cannot attach effects to an animated part.One benefit of using the model's lights is in multiplayer where other pilots in session can actually see the modeled lights at a long distance.Hope this helps.

Guest dogknot

>I must be the only one that didn't get nav lights. Just in>case there are others!!!>>LIGHTS Put the square brackets here>// types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit,>5=landing>// 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=Wing, 9=Logo, 10=Cabin>>light.0 = 2, 0.78, -19.48, 0.30, fx_strobe ,>light.1 = 2, 0.78, 19.48, 0.30, fx_strobe ,>light.2 = 4, -2.65, 0.00, 0.60, fx_vclight,>light.3 = 5, 9.3, -8.00, -3.90, Newll ,//wing lite>reflections>light.4 = 5, 9.3, 8.00, -3.90, Newll ,//wing>light.5 = 10, 1.5, 0.00, 1.55, fx_vclight,>light.6 = 3, 0.78, -19.48, 0.3,fx_navredm ,>light.7 = 3, 0.78, 19.48, 0.3,fx_navgrem ,>>>Thanks so much Milton. I've been enjoying your craft for long>time. And it would be a real chore to say which is my>favorite. I guess I really like all of them.>>John BellI believe they are actually there, John. They are very, very subtle and I presume coded to the model. It takes a sharp eye and the pitch-black of night to see them come on.I too added a "boost" to them in order to better see they are on. I used a different effect file and adjusted the numbers to place them out a little and facing slightly forward since the Nav light housing is doing the same.My numbers:light.6 = 3, 1.13, -19.61, 0.3,fx_navred, /good one if you have it, fx_C02A_navred,light.7 = 3, 1.13, 19.61, 0.3,fx_navgre, /good one if you have it, fx_C02A_navgre,

"I believe they are actually there, John. They are very, very subtle and I presume coded to the model. It takes a sharp eye and the pitch-black of night to see them come on."Heh, Brent thats what it is,,just too dim for these old eyes..LOLJohn

Guest chuck60

Milton and company,Thanks for another wonderful airplane. I am having trouble finding the rudder trim. If there is one I would be greatful if someone will tell me where it is located.Thanks, Chuck

Guest dogknot

>If there is one I would be greatful if someone will tell me where >it is located.>Thanks, ChuckChuck, There isn't one so I won't tell you where it is. :-lol :-wave

Guest Milton

>Milton and company,>Thanks for another wonderful airplane. I am having trouble>finding the rudder trim. If there is one I would be greatful>if someone will tell me where it is located.>Thanks, ChuckOf course there is rudder trim on the Spartan; see the trimtab at the rear of the rudder. See attached:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/139990.jpg

Guest dogknot

hehehe... another good case for a well planned route for the flightplan. Departure Airport: KXXXArrive xxx airstrip: trim rudderDepart xxx airstripArrive yyy airstrip: trim rudderDepart yyy airstripArrive zzz airstrip: trim rudderDepart zzz airstripArrive Destination: KXXX, *note to self: remember to use APHeading set for return trip; drift and crabbing are my friends.

Guest ha5mvo

Hello Milton and Co.I would like to join the rest and congratulate (and thank :) ) you for a truely outstanding aircraft!!I would also like to request, if I may, another little feature, namely a simulation of a failure when the cylinder heads overheat.This adds a lot to the realism and the manner aircraft of this sort are flown. I've seen that feature implemented in other aircraft and I wonder if this can be done for the spartan as well?Thanx again!best regards//Michael

Guest Milton

>hehehe... another good case for a well planned route for the>flightplan. >Departure Airport: KXXX>Arrive xxx airstrip: trim rudder>Depart xxx airstrip>Arrive yyy airstrip: trim rudder>Depart yyy airstrip>Arrive zzz airstrip: trim rudder>Depart zzz airstrip>Arrive Destination: KXXX, *note to self: remember to use>APHeading set for return trip; drift and crabbing are my>friends. >>LOL Exactly :-)

Guest Milton

>Hello Milton and Co.>I would like to join the rest and congratulate (and thank :) >) you for a truely outstanding aircraft!!>>I would also like to request, if I may, another little>feature, namely a simulation of a failure when the cylinder>heads overheat.>This adds a lot to the realism and the manner aircraft of this>sort are flown. I've seen that feature implemented in other>aircraft and I wonder if this can be done for the spartan as>well?>>Thanx again!>>best regards>>//MichaelMichael,I will have to pose the question to Scott Thomas. I do suspect the gauges are portable across aircraft (unless built into the model) so if you have an aircraft gauge with that feature, you might try putting it in the Spartan panel to try it.

Guest ha5mvo

Hi Milton,Thanks for the reply!I believe it's both the gauge and the model. I took, as a test, the Spartan for a short drive - no matter how much abuse it took, the cylinder temp never went above 200 deg. correct me if I'm wrong, but these characteristics are a part of the model, and even if I transfer the gauge from the AN-2 or Yak18 (which have that kind of failure simulated), the temperature will never rise to reach the "failure zone".//Michael

Guest Milton

Michael,Table 541 in the .air file controls heat limits, rates of change, effects of cooling. If you have AirEd or similar, you can change that to get your higher reading.In my research I never found any mention of overheating or cowl flaps (which we never found evidence of).So, adjusting these factors would allow engine temps to exceed the acceptable. Once you have that, the gauge may be applicable.