Sign in to follow this  
737guy1

Best looking Biz jet?

I just don't think it gets any better than a classic Learjet!

Today's flight is KSTS-KRDD; perfect weather.  Cloudy in Santa Rosa and sun shining in Redding.  This hot rod makes the trip take only about 30 minutes! :ohmy:

Sorry about the image quality not being great; I'm not that good at FS screenshots.

34116214173_87317c8e9a_o.jpg2017-5-27_9-55-7-222 by Mitch Haughee

34116236643_3315a494fd_o.jpg2017-5-27_10-12-25-347 by Mitch Haughee

34926617205_a399407f94_o.jpg2017-5-27_10-15-0-351 by Mitch Haughee

34886263456_f757f962be_o.jpg2017-5-27_10-40-31-140 by Mitch Haughee

Also, showcasing a new paint job soon to be uploaded to the library!

• Upvote 2

Mitchell Haughee

Hi Mitch,

As you may imagine - wholeheartedly concur - the "classic" Lear looks like the fighter that inspired its design... The massive tip tanks are just badass... It's my favorite...

You showcase it well...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Very nice!

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Yup, the LearJet (especially the early variants) are undeniably the best looking business jet, hardly a surprise when it copied the cool wingtip tanks of the FFA P-16 ground attack jet as well as a few other aerodynamic features. Not always the most practical BJ of course, what with the severely limited range of the earliest marques and its quite high approach speeds, but still cool enough to get namechecked in a Pink Floyd song lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, FishermanIvan said:

What Lear is that?

I think is FSW Learjet 35A

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

1 hour ago, FishermanIvan said:

What Lear is that?

It is the xtreme prototypes Learjet 25 V 2.0

Mitchell Haughee

Superb paint Mitch!  Great shots!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Real nice. Thanks for posting.

I recall the first time I saw one of these 'up close, and personal' at KADS back in the mid '80s. [coulda been a Lear 25, but same difference] 

I was impressed and a little deaf after the encounter. Nice memory.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Very nice shots

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

7 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Real nice. Thanks for posting.

I recall the first time I saw one of these 'up close, and personal' at KADS back in the mid '80s. [coulda been a Lear 25, but same difference] 

I was impressed and a little deaf after the encounter. Nice memory.

That's really neat you saw your first in the 80's at Addison.  I go to Addison pretty regularly and I have photographed several Lear 25's and 24's there!  I remember one day particularly, I took my 2 or 3 year old daughter out with me (She really likes watching planes like her dad :P), and we saw a 25 take off.  I looked back at her as I snapped my last shot and all I could see was her face crying; I couldn't hear a thing because of the ridiculous noise those tiny turbojets put out.  She was okay, just scared because as you know, nothing out there sounds like a 1974 Lear 25 taking off...

Mitchell Haughee

Also my favorite!   And love the rain splashing against the windshield with the FSW models.  

John

Yeah, the Flysimware Learjet 35a does have nice windshield effects.

Just to clarify, the aircraft pictured and the new paint job is of the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25 Version 2.0.  The developer is soon to release version 2.1, which by what their website says, is a huge upgrade from an already fantastic simulation of the Learjet 25D.   

It is pretty hard to tell the difference between the 35a and 25, but the most obvious is the engines.  You will notice the CJ610 turbojets on the 25 are markedly smaller than the turbofan engines on the 35.

Mitchell Haughee