Sign in to follow this  
troybilt

never since MSFS 98 had this install problem

WOW!! ok here we go....FSX platform using the EZ dok settings. WINDOWS 8.1 Problem I THOUGHT was in having the PA31-310 Navajo installed. This is called the PA31T Cheyenne, VERY SIMILAR .  I removed the Navajo to desktop and then installed the PA31T and THIS TIME it went thru the process of excepting the 4 or 5 items you have to  "ok"  with most aircraft now days. I was having the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working"  happen dozens of times. NOW in putting the Navajo back over to FSX it crashes. OVER AND OVER. Now even with the Navajo moved to desktop and uninstalling the PA31T using the Carenado uninstall everytime for the PA31T, the PA31T will not install going thru the " excepting of the components" which DOES NOT happen and then it crashes FSX AGAIN. Restarting computer no go. Also Ez-dok has to discover the aircraft which is NOT the same as the Navajo because it would already be set up. I say this because in some aircraft purchases the similarity is so much the same that Ez dok is already set up. Meaning I do NOT think that ez-dok is interfering. REGISTRIES is usually the crashing culprit, as it is clashing the PA31 Navajo with the PA31T Cheyenne. I purchased this time thru PC aviator. It excepts the serial numbers with no problem. I am sure with time I can get only one Carenado aircraft working at a time. Definitely the Navajo will work by itself but there is something AMISS. Does anyone successfully have both aircraft installed, and to what order and did you have same problems. I have never in 19 years have this type of problem. Thanks to the flight sim community as there is always some genious out there.  KEITH

First of all, you really really need to clean up this post because I'm not getting your problem...at all. EZ dok setting? You mean you have EZdok installed and this is causing some sort of havoc? Second, removed Navajo to desktop? Makes no sense.  Ypu mean uninstalling? "putting the Navajo back over to FSX it crashes. OVER AND OVER. Now even with the Navajo moved to desktop and uninstalling the PA31T using the Carenado uninstall everytime for the PA31T"; English is not my first lang I'll admit, and I'm guessing it's not your first lang as well, but still, this is close to incomprehensible. Try writing it in your native language and use Google Translate or something. If anybody else gets this, then all the power to them:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

No its not an English problem but CHEMO has made speech and spelling quite difficult.  FORGET the ez-dok even though it CAN be part of it. PROBLEM is the PA31 carenado Navajo SEEMS to interfere with a proper install of the PA31T Cheyenne. Moving the FOLDER of the Navajo takes it instantly out of FSX without deleting and moving it back into to FSX from the desktop has always been the easiest and quickest way for simple problem solving IF COMPLETE deletion is NOT necessary. I moved the Navajo out of FSX to desktop  one time and the Cheyenne DID INSTALL. Then I put the Navajo back into FSX and WHAMOO! CRASH.  The two aircraft are clashing somehow.  Just to write this I made a dozen mistakes and it took quite a while. Sorry. Frustrating to me. And it is uncurable cancer AND I am raising up an AUTISTIC grandchild. Flight simulation IS my relaxation. Thanks, Keith

Then I apologize for assuming wrong. Moving installed folders is a risky game, so I would suggest you stop doing that. I fyou moive everything back in its original postion, then uninstall both. Does everthing else work as it is supposed to? Did you try remove Ezdok?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I was just thinking about the Ex-dok comments I had. To explain what I was communicating, I have installed new aircraft and then with FSX running and setting up Ez-dok for the aircraft it turns out it is already set up. Now how can that be. I discovered that sometimes an aircraft in its Model etc..is so similar that it THINKS it is the same. NOW to get back to why I wrote this in the first writing is that it COULD be PART of the problem. BUT in installing the Cheyenne it DID NOT do this, THanks KEith

I just read your quote and I was just thinking aabout that. I need to properly remove the Navajo and like you say it really is NOT removing the aircraft from regestries etc...  AND THEN do the tests with the Cheyenne install.

The "excepting of the components" need only happen the first time a new add-on is installed.  Once your FSX.cfg accepts the component(s) of an new add-on it's entries stay in the FSX.cfg even if you uninstall then reinstall the add-on.

Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer to see if it will tell you what precisely is crashing the simulator?  Knowing what is causing the sim to crash makes troubleshooting the problem so much easier.

Regards,

Greg

I understand the "excepting of the components" Thanks, since my last post I have been VERY busy uninstalling and reinstalling etc.. etc... I properly uninstalled both the Navajo and the Cheyenne. When I reinstalled the Cheyenne it all looked proper. BANG CRASH no go. This aircraft will not install and work??????????????????????????  I have never use the "windows event viewer" but I am sure I could figure it out. I have an Autistic grandchild and migrane while doing this and its getting quite difficult .  I will have to leave for awhile. Thanks keith I will check back in a few hours.

Back again. I have worked a couple hours on it. I went thru the Windows Event Viewer and it really helped. A lot to this. It looks like Flight One reconfigured a sim connect version, which is pretty serious stuff. I had a recent download that seemed unusual.  I have restored the computer and tried to track down the where's and whys. Also there was an area affected by an old program for whatever reason. I reinstalled the Navajo and somehow it had switch sounds but no engine. It had replace the engines with one of my Alabeo twins.???? weird. Then I installed the Cheyenne. When it came time for the excepting of the dll's etcc.... the screen went totally black with weird flickering. I thought this is never going to work. It started doing its thing, but in a very unstable manor. When all was done the aircraft had loaded into FSX and I setup ez-dok views and all seems well. I put the rxpgns530 in the normal model and put the gtn750 in the lite model.  Really appreciate the "windows event viewer" tip. I am going to spend more time reviewing it as I do not feel good about some changes not made by me and not sure the what's and whys to my satisfaction. I figure if I do it right away I will stop something that could be hard to figure out latter. Thanks Keith