Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

PMDG 737 Update for P3D V4

HEllo,

This has been discussed before. An update for the NGX which will include split Scimitars, LED lighting, the new idle switches, etc? Will these bee added for P3D V4 release of the ngx? 

I doubt there's an actual update containing new features for the NGX underway. At least not with regards to the Prepar3D V4. What I assume is gonna happen, is that PMDG will release an update which sole function is to make sure, that you can install, setup and use the NGX (and the rest of the fleet) within Prepar3D V4.

New features for the PMDG aircrafts, will come - also with feature updates for the new technologies which are available in Prepar3D V4. They'll be rolled out with the Operations Center in due time - but not at first... 

At least that's the way I've come to understand it.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Anders Gron said:

I doubt there's an actual update containing new features for the NGX underway. At least not with regards to the Prepar3D V4. What I assume is gonna happen, is that PMDG will release an update which sole function is to make sure, that you can install, setup and use the NGX (and the rest of the fleet) within Prepar3D V4.

New features for the PMDG aircrafts, will come - also with feature updates for the new technologies which are available in Prepar3D V4. They'll be rolled out with the Operations Center in due time - but not at first... 

At least that's the way I've come to understand it.

It would not surprise me, and i personally think its the right thing to do in this matter. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun considering the recommended setup for P3D V4 is for high end computers that most of us may have, and it hasnt even came out yet so we dont know how well it will perform on the sim itself. Im hoping 64 bit helps in many cases and should, as i have talked to many producers of sceneries, planes, and etc addons for the sim and most of them will roll out of May 30th or with in the week. 

The 2 companies i have not been able to get in touch with is REX simulations and ORBX, so as far as Rex cloud graphics and ORBX ftx scenery being released for P3D V4 within next week i have no idea. 

What would be really nice is for P3D V4 to  already have FTX global installed or a trial base package that we can activate with our activation code when we bought orbx ftx global. 

Other than that May 30th and in the future of may 30th im hoping the NGX will get these updates, and new planes come about!

31 minutes ago, Alex Kulak said:

The 2 companies i have not been able to get in touch with is REX simulations and ORBX, so as far as Rex cloud graphics and ORBX ftx scenery being released for P3D V4 within next week i have no idea. 

What would be really nice is for P3D V4 to  already have FTX global installed or a trial base package that we can activate with our activation code when we bought orbx ftx global. 

As far as I understood the ORBX/FTX products will be compatible, not sure at launch or not, but it will come. I think it'll need an FTX Central update to detect/install in P3Dv4 as well. I'm not sure at all about REX but I4m not using their product anymore ;)

I don't think having preinstalled stuff is a good idea, honestly that something I would not like. No matter how good FTX Global is, it's a bit like imposing something even more with a trial. There are many developers and I don't think having one of them preinstalled is fair to the others. It would also mean to have a way to uninstall it cleanly, so really the good bare sim is all I need, and then I make my own choice of software.

I'm fairly certain, that FTX Global and FTX Central is already compatible with Prepar3D V4.

Can't remember where I found it, but it was announced somewhere on their forums. Also, they've uploaded images of FTX Global (and regions) being installed and tested with Prepar3D V4 Beta.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Moved to the NGX subforum.

If the title of the thread will include the name of one of the subfora, please ensure that you start the thread there, as a general rule of thumb.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,

unfortunately this other topic

was closed without an official statement from PMDG to my last Q (so please forgive me from insisting).

The actual NGX has some bugs which should have been fixed in another SP (e.g.: TOGA on GA). The SP has been dropped in favor of a makeover (new version). Would the new 64bit NGX package include some minor fixes or is it just a portover to the 64bit platform?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

What happened to the long and lamented SP2?

Dave Taylor gb.png

16 hours ago, G7USL said:

What happened to the long and lamented SP2?

An update is planned; however, if there are enough customers demanding it I'm sure PMDG will delay introducing the NGX to P3Dv4 until there is a major update done and tested and ready. 

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, downscc said:

An update is planned; however, if there are enough customers demanding it I'm sure PMDG will delay introducing the NGX to P3Dv4 until there is a major update done and tested and ready. 

I'm sorry mate but I don't think this "thinking" is right. We all know that many are waiting for V4 implementation so stating now that an update will postpone v4 integration is just not fair.

I started a topic in Q1 of 2016 regarding the CTD with TOGA on GA. Back then the answer was: "We know and we will issue a fix in a update". The community waited for that update almost 2 years now and it was newer issued. Instead of the fix, there are rumors of a new version of the 737 (which is nice) but will probably cost more then the free SP2 "bug" fixing.

My Q was simple: If PMDG already prepare the port to v4, they could also insert the work that has been done so far for the SP2.

I underline the above again: It is not a demand but a question...

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 hours ago, downscc said:

It's folly to mention an update and service pack only to forget it. I won't mention the promised 'Executive' models also mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

On 2017-5-27 at 6:15 PM, Alex Kulak said:

HEllo,

This has been discussed before. An update for the NGX which will include split Scimitars, LED lighting, the new idle switches, etc? Will these bee added for P3D V4 release of the ngx? 

I love the NGX but it has so many improvements in my opinion that they need to do for example, 

LNAV is very bad in some occasions when doing approaches and such as well as the way points sometimes has a weird line between them. 

VNAV Alt sometimes goes like 200 feet below and sometimes 200 feet above.

FMC font looks very different in the NGX comparing it to the real life NG, 

I am aware its an old aircraft but for me personally these things take the immersion and just doesn't feel right, I am also aware PMDG are working there heads off trying to get every product of there's for P3D V4. But hopefully they do decide to come to the NGX and do some of these upgrades. I think the 737 NGX is the best payware addon out there and with these little things it will become even better. Nevertheless hopefully they do get this under consideration and take action.

Necmi  

53 minutes ago, MadBilo said:

I love the NGX but it has so many improvements in my opinion that they need to do for example, 

LNAV is very bad in some occasions when doing approaches and such as well as the way points sometimes has a weird line between them. 

VNAV Alt sometimes goes like 200 feet below and sometimes 200 feet above.

FMC font looks very different in the NGX comparing it to the real life NG, 

I am aware its an old aircraft but for me personally these things take the immersion and just doesn't feel right, I am also aware PMDG are working there heads off trying to get every product of there's for P3D V4. But hopefully they do decide to come to the NGX and do some of these upgrades. I think the 737 NGX is the best payware addon out there and with these little things it will become even better. Nevertheless hopefully they do get this under consideration and take action.

Necmi  

I would love an update too, but I don't think I'm familiar with the issues you are describing.  I've never had it waver 200 feet above or below MCP altitude.  Unless you have some weather injecting drafts or something, it never happens to me.  I sometimes get odd lines between waypoints, but that is usually a navdata issue.  90% of the time the tracks are accurate and precise.  And the font, I haven't been inside the real NG, but from every picture I've seen it looks the same.  Can you provide a screen shot?

I'm aware of some things under the hood that would be nice to see addressed but overall it's pretty accurate.

• Upvote 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi all

As a homecockpit builder with a nearly finished B737 cockpit I have detected some inconveniences of the NGX and would be very happy, if PMDG could include some SDK corrections in a new version.

- LED control
Most data for LEDs represent the function behind the LED, not the real LED state. Example: VNAV annunciator shows only the VNAV condition. But e.g. at light test the output for the LED remains at 0. There are also other conditions as the electrical state of the plane that influence these LED states. This must be all corrected by script. When the NGX SDK would output just the LED state itself, this would solve all problems and allow a simple script (attribute each output to the corresponding LED).

- Axis control
It is difficult to control levers. Most can only be controlled by up/down commands or by fixed positions. A direct command with position as parameter would help already. It should also be possible to read back all lever positions in a linear way. E.g. speedbrake outputs probably the position of the flaps, but not the lever position. To be honest, I probably did not get all the basics, but it needs a lot of scripting to make a motorised control stand working.

- Warning test (MACH, STALL) bug
All four warning test tones can be triggered from outside by buttons in the AFT overhead. But it is not possible to reset them from outside. I tried it also with mouse macros: no chance. The only way to stop them is using the mouse cursor on the cockpit screen, clicking on the buttons.

Any comments are most welcome. If we can make the NGX even better, let's do it...

- LED control
Most data for LEDs represent the function behind the LED, not the real LED state. Example: VNAV annunciator shows only the VNAV condition. But e.g. at light test the output for the LED remains at 0. There are also other conditions as the electrical state of the plane that influence these LED states. This must be all corrected by script. When the NGX SDK would output just the LED state itself, this would solve all problems and allow a simple script (attribute each output to the corresponding LED).

This issue has been addressed by me many years ago via a Trouble Ticket to PMDG Support, but sadly they have not done anything. Hope more people could ask for this issue to be solved, as it is making hardware interfacing much more complicated than it needs to be.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3