Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

boeing 737 wing view .

Guest bigmang12

I downloaded the boeing 737 wing view by Henrik Bengtsson.Is this for the default boeing 737?If is is how exacly do i install it on to flight sim 2002(im new to downloading and installing files)It also said on the read-me that i may have to change the configuration-file,how do i do this?Any help would be greatly appriciated.Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. I am moving this to the main MSFS forum where the post will see the most traffic.-John

Wing view files only work with certain aircraft. Be sure to review the readme in any file you download. Some wing view files offer "Static" wing views. Static wing views are pictures which overlay the outside scenery. The control surfaces on the wings don't move, since all they are are pictures. Dynamic wing views are meant for only certain models. With dynamic wing views, usually the author of the file has created a special panel.cfg so you can see the wings from certain viewpoints. With a dynamic wing view, you see the control surfaces move. The default MSFS 737 does not have dynamic wing views built in.I looked at the file you downloaded in the library here, and the file is meant to add static wing views to the default 737. Because the views are static, you will always see the flaps extended when you fly the aircraft.Hope this helps give you a start towards answering your question. Always read the documentation first as 99 percent of the time you'll find the answer to your question there. In the case of this file, documentation is somewhat sparse since it doesn't say how to add the views so they'll show up.-John