Sign in to follow this  
Jerel

How to place a gauge in a panel?

Happy New Year! Does anyone know how to position a gauge on a panel without trial-and-error as far as the coordinates are determined?I know Abascus makes a tool within their panel designer package but I do not want to pay $40 for a piece of software to install one gauge.Any freeware helper products available for this sort of thing?Thanks,

Hellohttp://www.fspanelstudio.com/I know you would rather find a freeware tool (so would i)But seriously i have never regreted buying this softwareI have got a lot more use from it than i thought i would

Guest RonB49

Try this.1. Examine the panel's bit map image (a name like main.bmp) with a paint program; Windows mspaint.exe will do.2. Determine the size of the bit map; using mspaint, you'd look in Image > Attributes. Let's assume 1024 x nnn.3. Open the panel.cfg file and locate the section associated with main.bmp. Find the "size_mm" variable. If it is size_mm=1024 or size_mm=1024,nnn then go to step 5, else go to step 4.4. If the value in "size_mm" is not 1024 or 1024,nnn then divide the first number in "size_mm" by the first number in step 2. Example:if size_mm=640, then 640 divided by 1024 = 0.6255. Return to your paint program and place your cursor on the panel bit map where you want the upper left-hand corner of your gauge. Read the coordinates; let's say it is 220,388. If size_mm = 1024, then go to step 7, else go to step 6.6. Multiply each coordinate by 0.625. So 220,388 becomes 138,243.7. The coordinates from step 5 or 6 become the location variables in the gauge statement. Example:gauge99=Mygauge!Newgauge, 220,388 orgauge99=Mygauge!Newgauge, 138,243R-

cfgedit has been replaced by fs panel. the link re-directs you to their website.