Sign in to follow this  
Cjr60611

carenado phenom 300 with GTN 750

:smile:

Sorry for not making myself clear.

I meant, what is supposed to happen with VNAV, once implemented by Carenado, if one decides to embed the GTN.

Lets cross that bridge when we come to it.. :wink:

Bert

Lets cross that bridge when we come to it.. :wink:

Bert - you are a genius!  I like the 300 mod even more than the 850xp (I like flying the 300 a bit more)!  Beautifully done!

After buying the 300 I was starting to think to myself, "OK, they got me three times! 850xp, Phenom 100 and & 300 - all good planes but missing something to make them great! No more planes in your hanger until Aerosoft CRJ is released - enough is enough..."   You changed that sentiment with your mods - I am very thankful!  

I just can't believe Carenado hasn't put you on their payroll yet (Flight1 should too)!!! 

They certainly keep me busy...

Just noticed that they fixed the VSI scale in the PFD for SP1.2.

It now goes to + - 4000 ft/min, as it should..

Unfortunately, my mod still uses the SP1.1. PFD version... so I'll have to update the PFD to match.   :wink:

Bert

OK, for those that want this fixed.. two things to do.

1.  Make sure you have the newer pfd_vsi_scale.bmp file

As part of SP1.2. a new bmp file is provided (in the EMB505_G1000.cab file)

It is dated 27/08/2015 and displays with -4 -2 2 4 markers.

This goes into your (GTN) EMB505_G1000 folder.

2.  Open the G1000_PFDEMBP300V3VC.xml file (in the same folder) with Notepad.

Search for  <Element id="Vertical Speed">

From there search for "Shift"

There are two Shift sections, both with 2000 in them...

First one (under "Label") becomes:

<Shift id="Shift">
              <Scale>0.000,-0.035</Scale>
              <Expression id="Expression">
                <Minimum>-4090.000</Minimum>
                <Maximum>4100.000</Maximum>

<Script>@VS</Script>
              </Expression>
            </Shift>

Second one  (under "Selected VS Bug") becomes:

<Shift id="Shift">
              <Scale>0.000,-0.035</Scale>
              <Expression id="Expression">
                <Minimum>-4500.000</Minimum>
                <Maximum>4500.000</Maximum>

<Script>(A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD VAR, feet per minute)</Script>
              </Expression>
            </Shift>

Save and go fly..

If you want to change the PFD popup as well, repeat the edits for the

G1000_PFDEMBP300V3.xml file.

Bert

OK, for those that want this fixed.. two things to do.

1.  Make sure you have the newer pfd_vsi_scale.bmp file

As part of SP1.2. a new bmp file is provided (in the EMB505_G1000.cab file)

It is dated 27/08/2015 and displays with -4 -2 2 4 markers.

If you want to change the PFD popup as well, repeat the edits for the

G1000_PFDEMBP300V3.xml file.

Hi Bert,

I see you're referencing v1.2 with these mods. Haven't bought the Phenom 300 yet but I see v1.3 on their website and I'm waiting to buy from PC Aviator.

Are these mods necessary for the current v1.3?

TIA.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi Bert,

I see you're referencing v1.2 with these mods. Haven't bought the Phenom 300 yet but I see v1.3 on their website and I'm waiting to buy from PC Aviator.

Are these mods necessary for the current v1.3?

TIA.

Yeah, I second that.  Does Carenado's work well now with v1.3 ?  If not is there an updated MOD ?

Yeah, I second that. Does Carenado's work well now with v1.3 ? If not is there an updated MOD ?

I just bought v1.3 plus nav extenstion days ago, having problems with the AP and VNAV. The airplane just shoot over speed and ALT i dialed in when just using FD & AP mode. And in VNAV mode, the plane couldn't follow the ALT i set in the fms. Basically it is still a 60 bucks public beta v1.3

I just bought v1.3 plus nav extenstion days ago, having problems with the AP and VNAV. The airplane just shoot over speed and ALT i dialed in when just using FD & AP mode. And in VNAV mode, the plane couldn't follow the ALT i set in the fms. Basically it is still a 60 bucks public beta v1.3

Hate to tell you this, but you're misunderstanding how these functions work. They're not Set & Forget functions. Read through the thread about the autopilot, and there are detailed directions as to how to operate it, and make it do whatever you need.

Yeah, I second that.  Does Carenado's work well now with v1.3 ?  If not is there an updated MOD ?

I am away on vacation.. back end of the month.

Bert

Can anyone help get the 750 installed correctly in the Phenom 300? I tried using the same procedure for the Phenom 100 GTN 750 install but something isn't right and I lose the interior walls of the cockpit. Thanks for any help in advance. 

Can anyone help get the 750 installed correctly in the Phenom 300? I tried using the same procedure for the Phenom 100 GTN 750 install but something isn't right and I lose the interior walls of the cockpit. Thanks for any help in advance. 

I haven't been able to get the mod to work correctly with the Phenom 300.  I have been using the default GN 750 2D pop-up and stopped trying to get the mod to work.  My understanding is the mod is not compatible with version 1.3.

Howdy All (and vacationing Bert :wink:).....

Been getting used to the 300 and have version 1.3 installed with the Navigraph upgrade. Definitely like the plane, better than some of the other biz jets. Like others, the stock navigation system just does not get it for me for several reasons...(a) cannot add user waypoints to the 300 (at least I cannot figure it out)...(b) I like to share flight plans between aircraft....© like easy addition of user waypoints for future use. To name a few.

The F1 GTN is for me. Hands down. I can handle the AP quirks pretty well but any future improvements would be appreciated. Adding my name to Bert's cheering section for an update to install the GTN750 in the Version 1.3 release. For me, well worth waiting for while Bert enjoys his vacation.

Meanwhile, more exploring and yoke-time in the 300. Have fun Bert --- Thanks!!!!   Bob   :P

In the interim, have done a "standard" install of the GTN750.

One problem so far, in that I cannot turn on the NAV HOLD function on the AP unit. Either on ground, in air.

Heading function working fine but appears I am missing something. INI file is installed OK.

Any ideas or what am I missing for the Phenom 300 with a typical install ????

Many Thanks ---- Bob   :smile:

Many Thanks ---- Bob :smile:

Weird. I have NAV and HDG working, but not the yaw damper button. SNAFU.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Many Thanks ---- Bob :smile:

Weird. I have NAV and HDG working, but not the yaw damper button. SNAFU.

I did not mention that I am running the ver. 1.3 of the 300 plus the Navigraph upgrade. Are you running the same? Wondering since the GTN750 uses its own database, possibly removing the upgrade might do something?? I am scratching head on this one.