Sign in to follow this  
Cjr60611

carenado phenom 300 with GTN 750

Copied from my other forum:

The Carenado Phenom 300 can further be improved by installing the Flight 1 GTN750 into the MFD panel.

This still allows you to use the original G1000 MFD hidden behind the GTN.

The GTN fully functions as the primary GPS, but you can access the G1000 MFD by pressing SHIFT + 9.

This brings the MFD up as a window, just adjust the resize and use for your check-lists and more.

gtn0.jpg

gtn1.jpg

SHIFT + 2

gtn2.jpg

SHIFT + 2 again

gtn3.jpg

Fully functional GTN

gtn4.jpg

SHIFT + 9

Check lists

gtn5.jpg

Thank's to Bert Pieke @AVSIM and his mods, we can now get the best of both worlds in the Phenom 300

Thank you Bert..

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

You are welcome!

BTW, if you set airplane=6 in the F1GTN.ini file for the airplane, you get a more fitting airplane symbol on the GTN screen :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Hey Bert,

I previously had your GTN mod working beautifully with my Phenom 300. I recently did a system reinstall and after loading up the Phenom with the GTN, everything seems to be working, except for the fact that the GTN isn't clickable in the VC. I reinstalled the aircraft, making sure to carefully follow all your instructions but still the same result. Do you have any idea what might be going wrong. I am running v1.3 of the aircraft and V4 of your mod.

Thanks again!

Tim

Hey Bert,

I previously had your GTN mod working beautifully with my Phenom 300. I recently did a system reinstall and after loading up the Phenom with the GTN, everything seems to be working, except for the fact that the GTN isn't clickable in the VC. I reinstalled the aircraft, making sure to carefully follow all your instructions but still the same result. Do you have any idea what might be going wrong. I am running v1.3 of the aircraft and V4 of your mod.

Thanks again!

Tim

Tim, I really have no idea.. FSX or P3D?

Does the popup GTN work correctly in this airplane?

Bert

Hey Bert,

Thanks again!

Tim

Turn the screen reflections off in the VC.  That is what is preventing your click spots..

James (jaydor)

Turn the screen reflections off in the VC. That is what is preventing your click spots..

How does one do this?

Tom

How does one do this?

Shift 4 or 5 something like that

Rich Sennett

How does one do this?

Press shift + 4 and untick the instrument reflections (Grey to black)

James (jaydor)

Thanks for the replies! I've been away from my machine but will give this a shot tonight. 

I can confirm that my GTN screen is now responsive in the VC after disabling instrument reflections.

My last remaining issue is that the autopilot panel is not clickable in the VC. My altitude/heading/course knobs are all accessible but none of the AP buttons respond when clicked. I have to pull up the 2D panel to access the AP. I am on FSX steam. Has anybody else had any issues with this?

I can confirm that my GTN screen is now responsive in the VC after disabling instrument reflections.

My last remaining issue is that the autopilot panel is not clickable in the VC. My altitude/heading/course knobs are all accessible but none of the AP buttons respond when clicked. I have to pull up the 2D panel to access the AP. I am on FSX steam. Has anybody else had any issues with this?

I would retrace the installation instructions.. one little spelling error can cause problems like this..

Bert

After checking and re-checking your installation instructions, you were right....it was a simple spelling error on on the folders that was causing all my trouble! Thanks again.

After checking and re-checking your installation instructions, you were right....it was a simple spelling error on on the folders that was causing all my trouble! Thanks again.

:smile:

Bert

Bert,

I received the GTN 750 mod today.  Looks great but after power up I can't click on the "CONTINUE" button on the touchscreen to move to the main screen.  Also, the FMS knobs, MENU/FPL/PROC/CLR/ENT buttons don't work on the MFD or GCU 477.  However, the range knobs work on both.  I can get the GTN 750 popup but that doesn't work either.

I uninstalled Navigraph extension before modding the first time--no joy.  Then uninstalled/reinstalled the Phenom--no joy.  Instrument reflections are disabled--nothing.  Any words of advice?

Looking forward to enjoying the mod!  Thanks!

Neal