Sign in to follow this  
Cjr60611

carenado phenom 300 with GTN 750

Also, the PFD does not show the waypoint, or distance... do you have my latest P3DV4 mod installed?

• Upvote 1

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Also, the PFD does not show the waypoint, or distance...

See below:

3u7MhFX.jpg

You see now what I mean? Weird! the autopilot is working fine.. but no info on the Prodigy gauge.

Thanks for your help.

Simbol

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the latest Phenom 300 mods.

Edit: mods sent..

• Upvote 1

Bert

13 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the latest Phenom 300 mods.

Edit: mods sent..

Received, many thanks!

I wish Carenado could give support this fast lol

S.

Bert, I’ve installed your mod you sent me for the GTN750 for the Phenom 300. Now, I confess I know very little about the Phenom. When I turn both battery switches on, the avionics displays come on as well as the engine readouts in the center display. To the right of the engine readouts is a dark area the size of the GTN750. 

I seem to remember the GTN would come on with the battery switches. Am I missing a switch somewhere? This isn’t my first aircraft with the GTN750. I have it working on the A2A C172  and the Carenado PC12.

BTW, this is Carenado’s Phenom 300, V2.1, running P3D 4.1.

What happens if you select the "Ready to Taxi" option?  (shift+6)

It turns on the Avionics for you..

I must admit that I do not see an Avionics switch anywhere  :blush:

The standby ADI is also dark..

If no one can point me to the Avionics switch, I may have to add the code to turn avionics on when the battery is on.. Strange that nobody has mentioned this...  :huh:

Bert

12 minutes ago, LZScout said:

Is it possible something has changed in version 2.1 that I downloaded today?

I guess so... who knows.. but I am still hoping that someone will point us to the location of the elusive Avionics switch!

Any one???

Bert

Hi Guys. If you use the cold & dark option with Bert's mods, avionics is turned on when switching the batteries on. Otherwise I use the avionics keyboard shortcut (shift + A in my FSX SE configuration)

I have now added a code line to always turn on Avionics whenever the Battery is on and Avionics off.

That should be foolproof..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Ok Bert, I loaded your latest panel with the built-in avionics switch fix. The GTN-750 starts up just fine now.

Unfortunately, I now seem to have another problem. The GTN-750 works very sluggishly or not at all. When I mouse click on a button, it either doesn’t work or takes several seconds to activate. This happens whether I leave it in the instrument panel or the pop-up panel.  Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? It makes the GTN pretty unusable.  

15 minutes ago, LZScout said:

Ok Bert, I loaded your latest panel with the built-in avionics switch fix. The GTN-750 starts up just fine now.

Unfortunately, I now seem to have another problem. The GTN-750 works very sluggishly or not at all. When I mouse click on a button, it either doesn’t work or takes several seconds to activate. This happens whether I leave it in the instrument panel or the pop-up panel.  Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? It makes the GTN pretty unusable.  

That is likely related to the CPU Core that the GTN is assigned to..

In the F1GTN.ini file for the airplane, what is CPU Core=?

998 is "the last two cores" and might work if you do not have a specific core that you know is lightly loaded in the sim..

Bert

Next time I started the sim, the GTN 750 worked fine. Not sure what was overloading it before. 

15 minutes ago, LZScout said:

Next time I started the sim, the GTN 750 worked fine. Not sure what was overloading it before. 

Great!

Bert