Sign in to follow this  
Cjr60611

carenado phenom 300 with GTN 750

Wondering since the GTN750 uses its own database, possibly removing the upgrade might do something?? I am scratching head on this one.

Well, went ahead and did a clean-out and reload of the version 1.3 aircraft but DID NOT add the Navigraph upgrade. Then again loaded the GTN750 with the F1 installer and the autopilot NAV function now works!!! What next, right? Anyway, there it is. At least if someone is having the same kind of problem with the Navigraph upgrade installed, try the above. It worked for me.

Cheers!!!!

I did not mention that I am running the ver. 1.3 of the 300 plus the Navigraph upgrade. Are you running the same? Wondering since the GTN750 uses its own database, possibly removing the upgrade might do something?? I am scratching head on this one.

I do have v1.3 with the Navigraph update but this is with the GTN750. So Carenado's MFD is not loading. Haven't had the upgrade long enough to figure things out but I'm sure it's worse than I imagine.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I do have v1.3 with the Navigraph update but this is with the GTN750. So Carenado's MFD is not loading.

OK, sounds like you have removed the stock MFD but you still have the Navigraph upgrade installed. Since you are using the GTN750, you do not need the Navigraph data (if my understanding of the workings of the 750 are correct) so you might try an install of the 1.3 plane without installing the extra Navigraph update and see if that helps. It sure helped me as noted above in my earlier post. Just a thought. Let us know how it works out for you.

Bert can't get back fast enough for me  :D  Really want the MOD for v1.3  !

OK, sounds like you have removed the stock MFD but you still have the Navigraph upgrade installed. Since you are using the GTN750, you do not need the Navigraph data (if my understanding of the workings of the 750 are correct) so you might try an install of the 1.3 plane without installing the extra Navigraph update and see if that helps. It sure helped me as noted above in my earlier post. Just a thought. Let us know how it works out for you.

What Navigraph database version does GTN750 use? is the Airac cycle able to be upgraded within it?  Or do you mean the Navigraph extension?

What Navigraph database version does GTN750 use? is the Airac cycle able to be upgraded within it? Or do you mean the Navigraph extension?

Howdy --- the database that is included with the GTN750 is closed and unique in format (I have been told). It may have been derived from Navigraph data most likely. Recall that you had to install the Garmin Trainer Lite program (free) to get their database and whatever else that F1 used for the GTN750. Been a long time since I have tinkered with this but I believe we had to do the same thing for the RXP devices as well(?)

See this:  http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/pr-ann/flight1-software-gtn750-gtn-650-v107-update-r2829

Anyway, there is a load of info on the Net about this. Think I need to update mine as well. Hope I answered your question.

Anyway, there is a load of info on the Net about this. Think I need to update mine as well. Hope I answered your question.

Yep, thank you.  Kind of a bummer, I want to use simbrief with my nav subscription, and have it match the FMC data.

I like flying with the GTN750 but bought the Navigraph extension cuz SimShack has it for US4.78 as of yesterday. I wanted to see what the extension added and have one livery using the stock Carenado setup. But I'm not expecting much so as not to be disappointed. It's just eerie that buttons and knobs work or don't. Can't find any common denominator so I'm guessing it's a Carenado "feature".

Outside of that I actually enjoy the jet and once the autopilot becomes second nature it should get better. I'm playing around with configuring the G1000 figuring I can't break what's already broken.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Outside of that I actually enjoy the jet and once the autopilot becomes second nature it should get better. I'm playing around with configuring the G1000 figuring I can't break what's already broken.

Yep, it is (always has been) frustrating when things either just don't work, or work in some strange way. As you note it is just another "feature" of the sim. Am thankful that we have good tweakers like Bert who add some great things to help make flying these planes better. Am anxious for Bert to get a hold of this version 1.3 and add his magic for the GTN750 which adds so many features that really help --- like waypoint management, etc.

Well, have fun experimenting -- maybe we can look at that aspect of the sim as just adding more "fun" things to do :P

Cheers!!!!

Bert got his copy, and for the next few days (before I leave on vacation) you can request a GTN mod via PM (include your email address!)

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

Bert

I tried a couple a different ways to PM you both here and on Simforum without success. I really would like those files for the Phenom 300. Thanks for your time.

Bert

I tried a couple a different ways to PM you both here and on Simforum without success. I really would like those files for the Phenom 300. Thanks for your time.

On vacation until the end of the month..

Bert

Just got back...

I do not have the Navigraph extension, so cannot comment on what it adds.

If you own the GTN750, I would suggest installing my mods.. they add a version

with the GTN in the panel, replacing the Carenado MFD.

That means you then have two side by side versions to fly, one with whatever

Carenado MFD you have installed (Navigraph / no Navigraph), and one with the GTN

in the panel.

The GTN uses the Garmin database, which is not the same as the Navigraph one,

so you get whatever data is in the real GTN.

Bert

Welcome back Bert, would love a copy of your mod for the Phenom 300!

Send me a PM, requesting this mod, and include your email address!

Bert

Bert, your GTN and Autopilot mods are outstanding! Thanks a lot. Of course, I am fully aware that they do not represent the real world solution, but they make the flight experience with this Phenom so much better!

Felix