Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

P3D v4 Night

Has anyone seen or have any night images that can be shared of v4?  I've only seen some stuff from Orbx but looking to see what a default looking sim would look like.  Night has been one of the things that slowly made me start using that 'other sim' more lol.  Not that we can't have both :) but curious to see if the overly bright nighttime has been eliminated or not.  Also curious to see this new night lighting and reflections.  I saw a little taste from Matt's stream but wasn't sure whats stock or whats addon.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Looks the same to me. The difference is the view distance, they improved it.

Look, this is with orbx´s scenery:

Edited by cmpbellsjc
YouTube link removed due to language.

Just wondering, are the clouds still that bright at night ? 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Back to the topic, I also hope that the night lighting is fixed. Flying at night in FSX/P3D platforms is my least favorite time to fly, due to the bright environment. The clouds are easily discernible as well as the horizon. When in reality, especially on a moonless night over a remote area, it is PITCH black outside. PTA has definitely helped with that however.

Edited by n4gix
Removed off-topic quote, unhid the remainder.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for all the replies folks!  We need someone to create an addon that has roads with street lamps.  The Orbx glowing balls are nice but individual street lamps take it to another level of immersion.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I removed link to video with foul language. While some might not be offended by it, others might.

Please refrain from posting videos at Avsim with crude language in them.

• Upvote 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I believe, P3Dv4 is an extension of V3 for the most part. They have been working on the 64 for quite some times, and we have been getting the improvements they have been doing on the v4 in bits via the V3 updates, except the the 64 bit memory part.

So what we are gonna have in P3Dv4 is P3Dv3 + 64 bit memory management + few other goodies.  We are not gonna get a new set of night lighting that looks like XP

The good thing, most of the things that worked in P3Dv3 should work in P3Dv4 except the DLL files that would now need a 64bit compile.  

Which IMO, is amazing... cause the weakest link has been VAS issue. And we do not have to start from scratch, all the addons, unlike if we were to go to an all new sim from the ground up.  When I saw Real Air aircraft work in V4 (from various videos on v4 out there) and Orbx stuff working in V4, I was convinced of their strategy.

Going forward, V4 would get updates on other features... I am sure. I like this LM strategy. They are giving us, as they finish....and continuing to move forward at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Going forward, V4 would get updates on other features... I am sure. I like this LM strategy. They are giving us, as they finish....and continuing to move forward at the same time.

Thanks for the info.  Certainly exciting times for the Flight Sim community!  Once I started hearing rumors of the new P3D I kinda switched off to XP for the past few months.  I was getting stale of some of the same aircraft I had and wanted to purchase another but wait until we had official word on the direction of P3D and addon developer support.  I actually just built a new PC and haven't loaded V3 back on yet so this is kind of a good time to start fresh.  I can't wait to 'hopefully' see some sort of performance increase in P3D where I can apples to apples compare flight models to XP.  I'd like to see if its just the high frame rate that makes it feel better or if it really is the flight model itself.  Most of my landings in v3 depending on area were sub 20 fps which is certainly not ideal lol.  For me trying to land @ JFK was next to impossible with eye candy on which for me I just couldn't turn off.

Less thank 24 hours to go!

Edited by n4gix
Deleted excessive quote.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

14 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I removed link to video with foul language. While some might not be offended by it, others might.

Please refrain from posting videos at Avsim with crude language in them.

Yeah, I agree.

That particular video had its fair share of expletives.

Language like that should be reserved for special occasions, such as smashing your thumb with a hammer, not sim reviews.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.