Sign in to follow this  
Breeze

Carenado and P3Dv4

Has Carenado stated their upgrade policy to version 4 of P3D?  I aching to buy the Cheyenne II but with the pending release of P3Dv4, I don't want to buy it if it won't work in v4 or if I have to pay an upgrade fee.  I'll just wait.

Anyone know?

--- Jim  ---

If it's the same policy as with their xp10 vs xp11 models, then you'll have to buy them all over again from what I can gather.

Xp= X-plane.

Until now Carenado/Alabeo belonged to the few developers who didn't charge anything for an additional P3D version. If you buy the FSX version you get the FSX SE and P3D v2 and v3 as well.

They are updating their add-ons for each new P3D version without any additional costs. Let's hope that it remains that way. 

Their silence is deafening.

It would be a real shame if they're not going to be reasonable about this.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'm going to guess that there will be a modest charge for older releases that are converted to P3Dv4.

Probably new releases will work in FSX, 3 and 4 or they may be separate purchases.

The reason that I'm thinking this is that they have sooo many different aircraft, that I can't imagine them putting all the work to convert all of them to 64bit for free.

The sound of crickets from the Carenado team is so loud! I'm sure they'll upgrade the a/c as they have in the past, but no telling when that will happen until someone from their team picks up the mic.

I really hope we hear something from Carenado soon. I'll miss their B1900 and Alabeo's Aztec.

I did find this nugget in Alabeo's knowledge base:

Q: Can I install your aircraft on P3Dv4?

A: We are on testing process with P3Dv4, so we can not guarantee their full compatibility and functionality yet. We suggest to stay tuned to our facebook page for updates and news.

Regards,

Alabeo.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

I received a similar response from Carenado today.

From the Carenado team:

"Official Carenado Statement about the recently released Prepar3D version 4
June 9th, 2017

With the recently released version 4 of P3D, all our aircraft have been grounded. All of them were developed for 32-bit, and don´t work with the new 64-bit platform, causing internal logic incompatibilities (no problem with the model and textures).

The solution is not too complicated, but requires work. We know how to make them compatible, and we will start working on them soon.

The process will take time because we will have to update more than 80 aircraft. We hope to accomplish this task in the next months and start re-releasing a fair amount of updated aircraft each month.

For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge."

On 6/9/2017 at 6:48 PM, N2382R said:

For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge.

Again, as I posted in the other thread, Carenado didn't update a good number of their planes for P3D3 despite having nearly two years to do so.  I'm going to have to see it to believe it (the upgrades for P3D4).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greggy_D said:

Again, as I posted in the other thread, Carenado didn't update a good number of their planes for P3D3 despite having nearly two years to do so.  I'm going to have to see it to believe it (the upgrades for P3D4).

I also got their Centurion for XP... it was nice, but if I continue to see new planes released, and don't see older ones updated, I'll never buy another Carenado / Alabeo product. 

• Upvote 1

For the skeptics, first batch is out...

CARENADO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4
The first batch of updated aircraft for version 4 is ready, check them out here: facebook.com/Carenado/