Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Newbie I really need help getting rid of EZCA

I was told by Keven to run EZCA's config program and tell it to restore files.  I have FSX and P3D on the same PC but never use FSX.

So when I run the config program it comes up with restoring FSX files and no choice of restoring P3D.

But the major problem is it's been running for two hours now.  How long does it take to restore cameras?

The box tells me I have version 2.0.0.6 but I know I don't have the latest version, EZDok 2, I never bought it, I only have the original with the *.ecs files which I saw on a YT can be imported neatly into Chase Plane.

Keven said that if I just uninstall EzDok I could have problems down the line.

So I'm stuck.  When I go to Ctrl-Alt-Del and run Task Manager, it shows it's still running, but how long does it take?

Any advice?

Should I just quit out of this and uninstall EZCA?

And if I do, do I have to modify my EXE.DLL file because it shows EZCA in there.

Someone please help as I'd like to get Chase Plane running.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

It is not required to remove EzDok before installing ChasePlane.

I am aware that if you uninstall EzDok, it will leave traces of itself in a lot of places. I cannot assure 100% that you won/t have issues down the line because It's not my product.

ChasePlane will fix everything to work properly but you might still have EzDok references in your view menus and possibly some view definitions in every aircraft.cfg file.

Sadly, I cannot support their uninstall process... I will let other, more qualified people, answer your question!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hmm....well, I uninstalled it, and installed CP.. As Elaine (Poppet) said, it did remove EZCA from the exe.xml file!  So that's good.

And as I import cameras with ecs files (HUGE debt of gratitude for this Keven) I find I only have to make minor adjustments.  Not a problem.

I'm writing a long list of questions I'd like to have answered, questions about certain settings.  Hopefully they will be addressed in a manual someday?

I know it's still Alpha but so far it works great and I really like it.

But tonight I will be staying up till I can buy V4, and you indicated it would be a little bit of time before it's ready for V4.

So since V4 will be on a separate SSD, and EZCA will have had nothing to do with it there should be no "traces" of it right?

Will the P3D V4 of chase plane accept the ecs files?

Since things are saved in the could will I have cameras available to me from the V3.4 version?

So many questions for this new user.

Jack Sawyer

ChasePlane works out of the box with v4. There are a few things we still need to fix like Smooth Zoom and Static Cameras but that should come in a few days.

Your V4 install will be clean so there should not by any traces of EzDok in there!
You will be able to import your .ecs files even when using v4

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven!  I cannot say enough good things about this program!  Been telling everyone I know to buy it.

Now, say I have V4 installed late tonight, EDT, when I run Central will there be a green slider button saying to use it in P3D V4?

If so, awesome man!

I'd have paid double for this to get the heck away from the other one.  Good riddance to it.

Jack Sawyer