mikeymike

Affinity mask and 30hz refresh rate??

definitely 30hz

50 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

No affinity mask?

Anyone.using.30htz?

Thanks 

Mike 

Affinity mask will vary depending on how many cores your computer has and past recommendations may change with v4.

30hz plus vsync is great if you can maintain say 35-59 fps unlimited.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Affinity mask will vary depending on how many cores your computer has and past recommendations may change with v4.

30hz plus vsync is great if you can maintain say 35-59 fps unlimited.

gb.

I have 116 with 3.4 and working flawlessly WIth 30htz refresh rate 4k

Perhaps v4 wont need af mask

Soon find out.

Thanks

v4 was running very well without specifying an AffinityMask. Using an AffinityMask=245 works even better for me and my 7700k. 

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

I am using 340 with a six core i7. I saw an apparent difference. I seem to hold FPS in high content areas better.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

18 hours ago, laserit said:

v4 was running very well without specifying an AffinityMask. Using an AffinityMask=245 works even better for me and my 7700k. 

HT off/on? Did you try both? If yes, did you notice any difference?

Thanks

For me 253 working best. Nevere disabled HT as I do not buy i7 just to make it i5, but msot important, never had good results with HT off, better was HT on and AM without thread cores, if I really want not use them.

With threads disabled I can propably achieve little bit better FPS, but with threads enabled I have smoother experience which is better than raw FPS for me. But take in account that I really like flying over populated areas and wery unhappy if I have to reduce autogen

3 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

HT off/on? Did you try both? If yes, did you notice any difference?

Thanks

HT on

The AM=245 deactivates Hyper Threading on the first two physical cores. I've also tried AM=85 but my system seemed to run not as good as default.

@SteveW posted this (thank you Steve) and it's working really well for me.

"With HT enabled we can sometimes improve the performance of the background loading data with more LPs enabled 11,11,01,01 = 245 this puts more work onto the third and fourth cores leaving the first and second running the rendering and other duties a core to themselves so they can continue to keep flowing well. With more than four LPs enabled we may see a small decrease in outright rendering performance because there's a little more to do and they consume more CPU resources, but they do more work."

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

The only way affinity mask would have any impact on using a 30Hz refresh rate is if it increases performance just enough to guarantee a framerate above 30 fps in complex scenes which would otherwise dip into the 20s.

30 Hz is great until you can no longer maintain 30 fps...then it turns into a stuttering, laggy mess.  In situations where the fps is going to fall below 30 (which even on a 4790k oc'd to 4.6 still happens decently often for me), I'd much rather have a 60 Hz refresh or greater.  Long frames at 60 Hz are not nearly as bad as long frames at 30 Hz.

All things considered, tweaking the .cfg file is not going to cure micro-stutters.