Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Opus and P3D V4 64bit.

Just wondering if Opus has any plans of supporting P3DV4 64bit
and what sort of time frame might be involved if so?

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Only v5 will be developed further and part of its purpose was to prepare for a 64-bit P3D v4. Our OpusFSI v5 provides support for the DotNet 4 LM SimConnect, a necessary precursor to supporting and making the most of the 64-bit P3D v4. However, unless LM corrects the flawed ambient wind calcs to prevent wind shifts, OpusFSI will need fsuipc4 to keep the ambient wind under control and when necessary coax the ambient wind in the right direction.

No idea on frame rates, that's nothing to do with OpusFSI, even the Live View update rate depends entirely on the server sim issuing smooth update events.

Stephen :-)

and Live Camera Control  ? I cannot fly without it..

thx / rdgs

Dick

=

Live Camera and Live Camera Control will both be fine. All functions should be perfectly OK, only DWC relies on fsuipc4 as that's the only way to affect the ambient wind.

Stephen

1 hour ago, Opus Software said:

Only v5 will be developed further and part of its purpose was to prepare for a 64-bit P3D v4.

Ok, sounds good.
Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

3 hours ago, Opus Software said:

OpusFSI will need fsuipc4

Hello Stephen,

But FSUIPC 4 will not work with P3D V4, and concerning FSUIPC 5 (64 bit version)  Pete said

"To start with I'd probably discard all the weather fiddling stuff in the options, which are largely redundant these days with programs like Active Sky, Opus, and so on doing all these things much better."

So does it mean that OPUS 5 will only works with P3D V4 once the flawed ambient wind calcs   is corrected by LM.

Cheers

Claude 

Claude Troncy

No not at all. OpusFSI does not use the weather features of fsuipc it uses it ONLY for DWC, and of course I'm only ever referring to a version of fsuipc that will be compatible and work with P3D v4, whatever that is called.

Stephen

18 hours ago, Opus Software said:

Stephen

Last I heard here OPUS FSI needed P3D to be installed into the P3D default Program Files directory.
Is this still the case?

Thanks,
gb.

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Last I heard here OPUS FSI needed P3D to be installed into the P3D default Program Files directory.
Is this still the case?

Thanks,
gb.

Ive never installed P3D to the default folder, and never had a problem with Opus.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

No it's not. It's a statement borne out of ignorance. OpusFSI needs access to the sims folder that's all, no matter where it's installed.

Personally I never install any sim in program files. Makes sense when you know addons need to access and share the folder. Just common sense really but OpusFSI does not care where you install the sim.

Stephen

On 30/05/2017 at 9:49 PM, Opus Software said:

No it's not. It's a statement borne out of ignorance. OpusFSI needs access to the sims folder that's all, no matter where it's installed.

Ok thanks for that.
I guess I was referring to this post (which I misread)

where at one stage withOpusFSIv4 you stated:
"To ensure full compatibility the software assumes the user has installed Prepar3D using the default installation folder naming convention (e.g. in a folder called 'Prepar3D v2', 'Prepar3D v3', etc.)."

gb.

On 30/05/2017 at 9:49 PM, Opus Software said:

Deleted.

gb.

Hi,

OpusFSI no longer examines the P3D install folder name as it now includes a numeric box allowing the P3D Version number to be specified. OpusFSI v5 does the same and allows the actual sim version to be specified as an argument to the FSISERVER start up program. For example,

FSISERVER.EXE P3D34

I will soon add arguments to specify P3D v4 mode. At the moment setting P3D v3.4 selects a compatible OpusFSI operating mode so v4 users are advised to use the P3D or P3D34 program arguments.

Stephen :-)

On 30/05/2017 at 0:39 AM, Opus Software said:

No not at all. OpusFSI does not use the weather features of fsuipc it uses it ONLY for DWC, and of course I'm only ever referring to a version of fsuipc that will be compatible and work with P3D v4, whatever that is called.

Stephen

Hi Stephen.
What is the current status of OpusFSI V5 and P3DV4 given the recent release of FSUICP5?

Thanks,
gb.