Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Milviz Beaver WX-Radar

Hi,

I understand that the Beaver comes with a Wx-Radar. I selected that Option in the install process and in the MVAMS. The gauge appears in the panel, the switches have sounds with them but nothing happens, no matter wich option I choose.

I downloaded the update in the morning, but it didn't make a difference. GPS and, when installed, GTN 750 work fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Let's just say the Beta Testers were having a bad day when they checked this.

The weather radar has been an issue since release....mostly incorrect panel configs and paths...there are numerous threads in the Beaver support forum. 

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Thanks, I've read the posts, but a solution is not offered. When looking through the various panel.cfg, it seems there is a mess. Finding the correct setup may take a while.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

The Beaver forum is closed to -still- non-buyers. Could enyone post the bugs/issues found so far?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yes, the forum is accessible. I cleared the cache of my browser, after that I had access to the forums. Issues posted are concerning the wx radar and the disappearance of all float/ski versions from the aircraft selection menu.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

For the WX... if you do not have the most recent updates to FSX Steam and or P3D 3.x... it won't work at all.

If you did not disable your AV before downloading, installing and removed your sim directory from AV scanning, then it will likely not work.

If you're not running your sim as an admin, it won't work.

If you do not have UAC disabled, it will not work.

If you have the Estonia migration tool running, it will not work

You must pick the correct version for your sim when installing or it will default to FSXA.

Please note... support will only be given in the MV support forums.  If you do not have access, please contact oisin at milviz dot com for information on how to get in.

Thanks.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks,

but all these prerequisites are fulfilled on my end. I posted the same problem over at your forum, as some other users did.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

We're working on a fix

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

52 minutes ago, Milviz said:

For the WX... if you do not have the most recent updates to FSX Steam and or P3D 3.x... it won't work at all.

If you did not disable your AV before downloading, installing and removed your sim directory from AV scanning, then it will likely not work.

If you're not running your sim as an admin, it won't work.

If you do not have UAC disabled, it will not work.

If you have the Estonia migration tool running, it will not work

You must pick the correct version for your sim when installing or it will default to FSXA.

Please note... support will only be given in the MV support forums.  If you do not have access, please contact oisin at milviz dot com for information on how to get in.

Thanks.

What should you check on install if you already have the standalone WX installed like I do?

Actually, that's a very good question to which i do not have the answer... yet....

don't worry about it as the standalone will do the work.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

don't worry about it as the standalone will do the work.

Thanks

The WX issue has now been fixed and you should all have an update available for download.

4 hours ago, Milviz said:

The WX issue has now been fixed and you should all have an update available for download.

Do you mean an update for the WX radar or for the Beaver itself?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For the Beaver (via MVAMS)

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.