Sign in to follow this  
NoahDoah

Anyone who has experience with the Mindstar GNS 530/430?

I would really like to buy the Mindstar GNS 530/430 and also will buy it.

It looks very good. However, I would like to have a review or something like that of it. There is virtually nothing on the internet like a review or video, so I hoped someone in this forum has purchased it and can tell me their experience with it.

- Has it affected your Frame-Rate?

- Do you have some pictures of it? Maybe even in an A2A-Product?

- Do you know any videos, showcasing the unit?

- How do you like it in general?

- Something general about the GNS 530: Is it nice to fly with? I'd like to fly IFR in my A2A Cessna 182.

Can I somehow get RealNav-Data for less than 40$? I don't need a one year subscription. I only need a more or less new AIRAC version. Or is paying the cheapest plan for 40$ the only and cheapest way?

Thanks a lot!

The addon in itself is very nice, but it has to be installed manually for every aircraft seperatly. You have to know how to adjust it's size and position in the VC and do it for every aircraft seperately.

I used it when I just got it, but after the first reinstall of my system, I actually rather used the default one, for a quick flight, than take the effort to dive into the cfg-files again.

You can use the default database, but you have to make sure that aircraft you use with this addon do have the same database, if they use navigraph

But since it came out, I've been using the GTN750, I like it a lot more than the GNS530 and I saw that Flight1 now also has a GNS addon as well, I guess it would work the same as the GTN, when it comes to installing it in aircraft. If I had to buy a GNS again, I think I would go for the Flight1

Cheers!

Maarten

Thank you. Yes, I would also like to go with the GTN 750 by F1 or the GTN 530, but the specs are way too high for my system.

The Mindstar is so light-weight with it's only 1.2 GHz.

Mindstar has Issue with FSUIPC. see Forum where is described crash of FSX and possible solutions. Just to inform you about possible surprise