Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

BVI Mode and staying airborne

Hello everyone,

So, I've got a serious problem here and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Basically, I updated my navigation data via http://www.aero.sors.fr/. The runways at Manchester appears in the simulator, E.G. runway 23L,/R, Runway 05L/R. I was just cleared to taxi to runway 05R, but MCE said that the runway doesn't exist at this airport, nor could it identify the airport. Huh?

Don't tell me that I have to go on a collection hunt to hunt down freeware scenery that supports these new runways? If so, I'm never going to get in the air.

I do want to go on Vatsim some day, and FSX Pilot can help with the Sids and Stars, however that means the simulator should be updated as well. For the record, MCE did say "EGCC to", so it could indeed identify the departure airport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. No wonder why FSX Pilot was getting stuck trying to taxi there. At least MCE told me it didn't exist. Or maybe it does, as I could jump to it using the simulator menus.

Hi all,

Back using MCE again after taking off for a bit.

So.. Hadi isn't around on the forums anymore, but I've just started messing around with MCE flows and such, and would really like to know how to write scripts using MCE and have it use the FMC for the co route feature etc.

The FMC itself is unfortunately not OCRable at all, so clicking anything on the FMC is next to impossible. I can't figure out FSCommander either, so say if I made a flightplan in Simbrief and got the plan file for, say, Aerosoft or Feelthere.

Is there a way for MCE to select the file located in a specific folder to then load that into the FMC?

Even with the MCE FMC voice commands, we can say go to the flightplan page, but while that might come up, we can't do anything with it.

So I'd be curious what these scripts look like, what functions they perform and how I can modify them to fit any aircraft I may want to get that's already supported with MCE E.G. QW787.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Orinks said:

Hi all,

The FMC itself is unfortunately not OCRable at all

Thanks.

Have you tried undocking the CDU and see if NVDA reader can get anything on the 2D panel?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Have you tried undocking the CDU and see if NVDA reader can get anything on the 2D panel?

I have not. I can try that though.

I've got another problem, though. I just installed GSX into P3D. When I tried to have MCE send the pushback truck by saying ground, start pushback please, it asked me whether I wanted to start pushback before engine start and I said negative. Then MCE said its usual I'll disconnect when the truck arrives, let me know if you need anything but... nothing.

So then I tried doing it manually. I hit control F12, warped to a gate, said i wanted pushback, asked me whether I wanted to start before pushback and I hit the number.

Then it asked me which airline I wanted. I hit American, and the truck came immediately.

Is my MCE perhaps not up to date? Perhaps the first time when the truck never came was due to the fact that it was asking me which airline I wanted to use at this gate, and MCE doesn't respond to that prompt?

I don't wanna bother redownloading the same setup if my version is up to date. I see no reason for it not to be though...

Hi FS++,

At present, I'm 34000 feet up and for whatever reason, MCE was running but it did not respond.

I killed the process, and during this time, PF3 told me to contact the next center frequency.

Is there a contact next controller command equivilent if I cannot remember the frequency? I'm supposed to be on the next frequency and I am not sure what it is, now that MCE is running again. I tried to look in the PF3 freq file but either I forgot where the location is, or it has been changed.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Just posted a video with how I'm flying with MCE as of right now, with flows although some of them for whatever reason are not working correctly.

MCE hanged in the middle of the flight, and during this time PF3 sent me to another controller but the radio never went there because MCE wasn't responding. I don't know how to get to the next controller in that kind of situation. I'll turn down traffic dencity I guess. I also had trouble with setting the mach speed. I'm not sure why it understands most things I say.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Orinks said:

Hi all,

Just posted a video with how I'm flying with MCE as of right now, with flows although some of them for whatever reason are not working correctly.

MCE hanged in the middle of the flight, and during this time PF3 sent me to another controller but the radio never went there because MCE wasn't responding. I don't know how to get to the next controller in that kind of situation. I'll turn down traffic dencity I guess. I also had trouble with setting the mach speed. I'm not sure why it understands most things I say.

The only fully supported CRJ is Aerosoft CRJ 7090-900

Unsupported ones like the one you were flying are seen as default aircraft.

You'll get Fo to control any switches that is tied to the default Microsoft/LM variable that is supposed to handle the item.

If the switch uses custom coding, Fo won't be able to handle it.

Nor will you have access to fancy voice commands that apply to items specific to CRJ, as these are only enabled when the aircraft is detected as "the supported CRJ from Aerosoft"

The video was a bit choppy.

Not sure if it was the recording software that put such a strain on it, but it appeared the whole sim was struggling to work (slide show), hence the impression that MCE was locking up.

As BVI, you don't really need to maximize settings graphics wise.

Looking up the frequencies file generated by PF3 should be doable.

48 minutes ago, FS++ said:

The only fully supported CRJ is Aerosoft CRJ 7090-900

Unsupported ones like the one you were flying are seen as default aircraft.

You'll get Fo to control any switches that is tied to the default Microsoft/LM variable that is supposed to handle the item.

If the switch uses custom coding, Fo won't be able to handle it.

Nor will you have access to fancy voice commands that apply to items specific to CRJ, as these are only enabled when the aircraft is detected as "the supported CRJ from Aerosoft"

The video was a bit choppy.

Not sure if it was the recording software that put such a strain on it, but it appeared the whole sim was struggling to work (slide show), hence the impression that MCE was locking up.

As BVI, you don't really need to maximize settings graphics wise.

Looking up the frequencies file generated by PF3 should be doable.

What is a proper Mach number? With simbrief the proper mach speed is 0.75, or at least that's what I have on this flightplan. How can I set that using the autopilot command?

Should be able to set that even with default aircraft.

41 minutes ago, Orinks said:

What is a proper Mach number? With simbrief the proper mach speed is 0.75, or at least that's what I have on this flightplan. How can I set that using the autopilot command?

Should be able to set that even with default aircraft.

It's the correct one. Not sure whether Fo can dial that with this aircraft.

If memory serves me well, there is no auto-throttle in CRJ either. You have to look after speed yourself.

The autothrottle still makes me look after speed, it just keeps the aircraft at safety regulations. I guess the Aerusoft CRJ doesn't have one because FMC can do it for you...

But, even in the default FSX 737, which I simply pasted from FSX into P3D into its airplanes folder, turning on Mach hold works, but setting it  does not.

Tried with FSX, and same result. I took off, I can turn mach hold, but I can't set a mach. Keep in mind this is in the default 737 which is supported. All I get when saying mach desimal 7 2 for example is just, "yep" and "roger".

Should I do more voice training? It can clearly hear me say Mach.

Edit: Okay, I upgraded to the latest version of MCE. I notice it does not turn on the autopilot as before on takeoff. While I do remember requesting this, is it a toggle option setting in the Ini like I asked? Because now I want it back to the way it was before since i'm using MCE for most of the flight, only turning to FSXPilot for landing because it's the only option for now.

Thanks.

Edited by Orinks
Needed to add some stuff.

Hello FS++ and all,

Can we please have an option to change the toggle listening key to a key of our choosing?

Num Lock is okay, however it does conflict with screen reader commands with NVDA and others. I'd maybe change mine to F13, since my keyboard does have a single key for this.

That's all for now.

2 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hello FS++ and all,

Can we please have an option to change the toggle listening key to a key of our choosing?

Num Lock is okay, however it does conflict with screen reader commands with NVDA and others. I'd maybe change mine to F13, since my keyboard does have a single key for this.

That's all for now.

It would lead to all sorts of new issues.

Luckily, we recently added "ScrollLock" as an alternative to Numlock for those who are unable to use Numlock.

Both can be used.

You need the very latest MCE version.

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

It would lead to all sorts of new issues.

Luckily, we recently added "ScrollLock" as an alternative to Numlock for those who are unable to use Numlock.

Both can be used.

You need the very latest MCE version.

Fantastic, I think scroll lock would work. Turned it on and it doesn't seem to be causing problems with my screen reader.

I just combed through your posts and downloaded 2.8.0.8 for PF3 users but I'm guessing this is the latest version. How do I go about enabling scroll lock now?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Orinks said:

Fantastic, I think scroll lock would work. Turned it on and it doesn't seem to be causing problems with my screen reader.

I just combed through your posts and downloaded 2.8.0.8 for PF3 users but I'm guessing this is the latest version. How do I go about enabling scroll lock now?

Thanks.

V2.8.0.8 is the latest and also listens to ScrollLock

The feature isn't enabled by default, because a user going through the Demo might accidentally toggle NumLock and then wonder whether the whole app is a joke because co-pilot doesn't seem to respond to anything, even though he's making call-outs 😀

To enable it, go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" Panel, enable option "Numlock mutes reco"

From then on, either Numlock or ScrollLock can be used.

Is there a way to set MCE to not use any ATC? Useful for things like Vatsim or unsupported ATC products.

Thanks.