Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

BVI Mode and staying airborne

4 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Yes, assistance with landing will be in at some point, once we understand what you guys expect to happen. It could mean different things for different people.

Download this patch (Fo will announce when he sets VHF Freq, ALT, HDG and Transponder, when instructed by PF3, with MCE Narrator enabled).

Assuming you replaced both files, you can already hear what button does what in the main "Voxscript overview" panel.

Is there a way to increase the speech rate of MCE narrator? It's pretty slow for my tastes at the moment. Can't it use the Sapi settings as found in Windows?

Just now, Orinks said:

Is there a way to increase the speech rate of MCE narrator? It's pretty slow for my tastes at the moment. Can't it use the Sapi settings as found in Windows?

It was never requested before, and you can't change it from he UI.

However, if you open "mce.ini" and scroll down to [Voices] section, try playing with Voice4

Voice0 =Robert,0,0,0,1  (this is the Fo assigned voice)
Voice1 =Trav,0,0,0,1    (this is the Mechanic voice)
Voice2 =Stella,0,0,0,1
Voice3 =William,0,0,0,1    (this is the flight engineer voice for those aircraft that have one, B727, Tristar, B707)

Voice4 =Microsoft Zira Desktop - English (United States),0,0,0

I mean, changing the second and third parameters. The last zero refers to the voice category. Human recorded (1) vs TTS voice (0). And only MCE should set it

Second parameter is for voice rate (from -10 to 10)

Third parameter is for voice pitch (-10 to 10)

You can't speed up the human recorded voices.

I want to formally apologize. I put up the wrong video in regard to the first impressions of MCE. My app has a tendency to start streaming with out me and I'm trying to figure out why. Anyway the correct video on my first impressions to mce will be live in about an hour 30  minutes assuming the processing is quick and painless. Here is the link to keep an eye on.

https://youtu.be/jk1AviLM1Tg

Again, please except my humble apologies.

S

16 minutes ago, ke7zum said:

I want to formally apologize. I put up the wrong video in regard to the first impressions of MCE. My app has a tendency to start streaming with out me and I'm trying to figure out why. Anyway the correct video on my first impressions to mce will be live in about an hour 30  minutes assuming the processing is quick and painless. Here is the link to keep an eye on.

S

Ke7zum, it's a good idea to wait until videos are fully processed before you post them. When you paste youtube links into this forum editor, it becomes embedded in the page as a frame.

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

It was never requested before, and you can't change it from he UI.

However, if you open "mce.ini" and scroll down to [Voices] section, try playing with Voice4

Voice0 =Robert,0,0,0,1  (this is the Fo assigned voice)
Voice1 =Trav,0,0,0,1    (this is the Mechanic voice)
Voice2 =Stella,0,0,0,1
Voice3 =William,0,0,0,1    (this is the flight engineer voice for those aircraft that have one, B727, Tristar, B707)

I mean, changing the second and third parameters. The last zero refers to the voice category. Human recorded (1) vs TTS voice (0). And only MCE should set it

Second parameter is for voice rate (from -10 to 10)

Third parameter is for voice pitch (-10 to 10)

You can't speed up the human recorded voices.

Hi FS++,

I tried changing the second parameter of voice4, but no change. My voice is actually not Microsoft Zira, it's actually Inoettics John...

Oh well. Going to try and see if the patch worked.

Hello!

I have been monitoring this thread for a while and want to say how impressed I am with the work that is being put into MCE. I am also blind and a user of Its Your Plane, although I haven't been active in a whhile. I will be purchasing MCE very soon and look forward to working with it

11 hours ago, ke7zum said:

S

No need to apologize.

Finally got a chance to see the video. And had a lot of fun TBH.

Amazing to see all that determination to succeed, when you don't have the easy options. Same can be said of Orinks video.

I couldn't see the screen clearly, but I assume you installed MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder, NOT C:\Multi Crew Experience\.

This is necessary when Windows UAC is enabled (and we don't recommend disabling it). 

The Demo takes 800 MB of disk space. And when you download the extra 7 human recorded voice packs, you'll end up with a 2 GB installation.

Regarding Narrator.

NVDA isn't required.

The MCE built-in narrator expects you to take the mouse on top of the MCE window (which has no other controls). Then move the mouse slowly over that window, until you get hints like "click the next button to move to the next wizard step". I see you got that eventually at minute 57.

If you move the mouse too quickly, when you get over a simulated button, it immediately cancels previous speech, which could be the description of the wizard step) 

I guess NVDA or some other app was taking the focus out of wizard window. That's why those clicks weren't happening smoothly.

IMaybe it's not that easy for BVI pilots to move the mouse manually.

If you already have used IYP, and the speech engine is trained, you can exit the wizard immediately.

What it does, is ensure English US speech engine IS installed (not obvious for non-US English Windows installations), check headset is setup properly, and invite user to perform some aviation based speech training.

There is one important difference with IYP when it comes to speech engine setting.

With MCE, you don't need to have the Windows speech bar running. Our app ideally runs the entire speech engine inside "mce.exe", thus preventing Windows interpreting "start engine" as "start Notepad" or other annoying things. All speech is intended for flight simulator interaction, even if the sim doesn't have the focus. And you can stay immersed in your flight, with no browser window suddenly popping-up.

Normally, when you run the wizard, the latter will at some point bring up the Windows speech recognition panel and automatically disable the speech engine auto-start on Windows start-up. The automated process takes about 15 seconds, and nothing should interfere with the process while it's in progress.

You can manually do that, by going to Windows Control Panel, speech recognition panel. In Advanced speech, un-tick option "Run speech recognition at startup".

The speech bar sits at the top of the window. About 400 pixels by 100 pixels somewhere in the middle of the screen. It has a close button.

Pretty sure your video will save other potential BVI users a lot of head scratching. Well done.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, Orinks said:

Hi FS++,

It is actually not in the PF3 folder, but PF3 creates a pf3_display folder in the route of FSX--in my case it's the FSX Steam edition root folder.

The dat file is in that folder.

OK, got it. Thanks

We'll surely put that file to good use.

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

No need to apologize.

Finally got a chance to see the video. And had a lot of fun TBH.

Amazing to see all that determination to succeed, when you don't have the easy options. Same can be said of Orinks video.

I couldn't see the screen clearly, but I assume you installed MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder, NOT C:\Multi Crew Experience\.

This is necessary when Windows UAC is enabled (and we don't recommend disabling it). 

The Demo takes 800 MB of disk space. And when you download the extra 7 human recorded voice packs, you'll end up with a 2 GB installation.

Regarding Narrator.

NVDA isn't required.

The MCE built-in narrator expects you to take the mouse on top of the MCE window (which has no other controls). Then move the mouse slowly over that window, until you get hints like "click the next button to move to the next wizard step". I see you got that eventually at minute 57.

If you move the mouse too quickly, when you get over a simulated button, it immediately cancels previous speech, which could be the description of the wizard step) 

I guess NVDA or some other app was taking the focus out of wizard window. That's why those clicks weren't happening smoothly.

IMaybe it's not that easy for BVI pilots to move the mouse manually.

If you already have used IYP, and the speech engine is trained, you can exit the wizard immediately.

What it does, is ensure English US speech engine IS installed (not obvious for non-US English Windows installations), check headset is setup properly, and invite user to perform some aviation based speech training.

There is one important difference with IYP when it comes to speech engine setting.

With MCE, you don't need to have the Windows speech bar running. Our app ideally runs the entire speech engine inside "mce.exe", thus preventing Windows interpreting "start engine" as "start Notepad" or other annoying things. All speech is intended for flight simulator interaction, even if the sim doesn't have the focus. And you can stay immersed in your flight, with no browser window suddenly popping-up.

Normally, when you run the wizard, the latter will at some point bring up the Windows speech recognition panel and automatically disable the speech engine auto-start on Windows start-up. The automated process takes about 15 seconds, and nothing should interfere with the process while it's in progress.

You can manually do that, by going to Windows Control Panel, speech recognition panel. In Advanced speech, un-tick option "Run speech recognition at startup".

The speech bar sits at the top of the window. About 400 pixels by 100 pixels somewhere in the middle of the screen. It has a close button.

Pretty sure your video will save other potential BVI users a lot of head scratching. Well done.

It's important to note that we really don't use the mouse in most cases on the computer. We use the keyboard in all majority of use cases, so NVDA is actually required. Especially if you don't have a mouse and are instead using a touchpad. Since I do actually have a USB mouse, I'll try using narrator as intended and move the mouse to navigate the interface and see how far it gets me. NVDA's virtual mouse can spot most options in the MCE interface, though it can't see the option to change MCE's ATC interface, for example, making changing values in the mce.ini file a much more appealing way to change settings such as that one.

I've been using MCE in combination with FSX Pilot because it has autoland capabilities, so I can continue to do FSEconomy flights, etc. I've been having issues where it's two windows overlap each other at times, making me glad that MCE only deals with just one window!

Hello!

I've started working with MCE and am runnning into some difficulty.

I'm using the fsx default jet aircraft at the moment. I'm also using native ATC. I do have PF3, so can use that if that works better. 

1. Should MCE be setting my transponder and altitude automatically from the aTC instructions, or do I need to do that?

2. I did manage to take off, but I can't seen to level off at a specific altitude. I just keep climbing. I have tried asking for a specific altitude as well as turning altitude hold on, but nothing seems to work.

3. I've had a few cases where MCE just seems to freeze. It will stop responding to voice commands and I can't do anything This was aafter issuing severaal commands to try and level off.

Also I agree with others that we rreally need a keyboard interface to the MCE UI if possible. If we could tab through choices annd use spacebar and/or arrow keys to select items, that would make it much easier. I hav also just used the ini file to make most choices.

23 hours ago, Orinks said:

It's important to note that we really don't use the mouse in most cases on the computer. We use the keyboard in all majority of use cases, so NVDA is actually required. Especially if you don't have a mouse and are instead using a touchpad. Since I do actually have a USB mouse, I'll try using narrator as intended and move the mouse to navigate the interface and see how far it gets me. NVDA's virtual mouse can spot most options in the MCE interface, though it can't see the option to change MCE's ATC interface, for example, making changing values in the mce.ini file a much more appealing way to change settings such as that one.

I've been using MCE in combination with FSX Pilot because it has autoland capabilities, so I can continue to do FSEconomy flights, etc. I've been having issues where it's two windows overlap each other at times, making me glad that MCE only deals with just one window!

I'd love to learn more from you about how to combine MCE with FSXPilot. I have the free version of FSXPilot, and I know I could get the Pro version or just wait for it to go completely free in October. Perhaps a video for that could be helpful? Just a thought.

Hi everyone,

I've recorded another video, this time attempting a VFR flight with MCE and FSX Pilot mainly for landing purposes. I'm actually redoing the flight again off-video to see if my impatience in this video resulted in the crash, but this video does have some interesting PF3 encounters in it where one or more may be bugs.

I'm trying a Dash Q-800 freeware version from Airwego, and MCE seems to not have issues with it, which is nice.

There is one command that MCE doesn't appear to have in its commands for PF3 though, and that is that PF3 kept nagging me to request IFR for 8000, since I past the specified altitude for VFR to fly at. I wasn't sure how to do it with the keyboard, so ended up just killing PF3.

Hi again,

So I've decided to download GSX and a few FSDT airports in order to try it. My problems are:

1. I installed everything correctly, including the addon manager, but I'm not sure if the installer auto-installed the scenery to the Simulator scenery library...?

2. Despite this, I went to EDDM because that's a default airport the demo works with, and MCE seems to be doing it's job correctly. Nothing seems to happen when the ramp manager talks to GSX, however. I request catering, and Deta did his job correctly, however I heard no catering trucks. Isn't MCE supposed to open the doors when they arrive? Maybe that's why they never came... The same can be said for refueling or any other GSX service I've tried to request.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:39 AM, Orinks said:

Hi FS++,

I tried changing the second parameter of voice4, but no change. My voice is actually not Microsoft Zira, it's actually Inoettics John...

Oh well. Going to try and see if the patch worked.

Could you write down what you have in "mce.ini", under Voice4? Need to see whether there is some unexpected character there.

Thanks

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Could you write down what you have in "mce.ini", under Voice4? Need to see whether there is some unexpected character there.

Thanks

Sure. I currently have:

Voice4 =Microsoft Zira Desktop - English (United States),0,10,0