Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

This one is a must PMDG

1 hour ago, Ted Striker said:

Have you inquired into working with the Just Flight team on their VC-10? I would think your knowledge would be valuable to them.

Ted

No I haven't. If they are working on it they seem to be taking their time as they have been rumoured to be working on a 10 for centuries.

1 hour ago, vololiberista said:

If they are working on it they seem to be taking their time

I have to admit I only heard about it from various posts hear at Avsim so I was guilty of spreading rumors! So I went to Just Flight's website to look around. I found a post from this year by a Just Flight staff confirming that they are working on it but it is still a ways off. Looking forward to being able to fly this P3Dv4. It would be a day one purchase for me if I knew you were involved in the systems development and it had your approval!

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

The 'Just (Shite) sorry, Flight' version is what it is but a PMDG version would be ten times better.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Whether it be PMDG or another developer, from my point of view I would expect a PMDG standard as minimum. It's not difficult to backtrack from the manuals. My premise was to initially use the check lists and redesign various instruments from the point of view of pre-flight test etc and then failures. The logic of the oxygen system for example. What do the dials actually represent and what is the purpose of the tests? For the majority of my work I have used only two manuals. The flight manual and technical notes. I was fortunate to find a P7 graph amongst the technical notes on board the Sultan of Oman's aircraft at brooklands. I have all the wiring diagrams for the electrical systems and at the moment I am working on that. A lot of stuff will have to have additional code because I have to "build" an electrical supply first (simulate the wiring and power supplies in effect) and then feed the components off that. Wheras now an electrical supply is "assumed."

When I mentioned earlier about the stick pusher that was an interesting experiment in that a real stick pusher does just that. It will ###### the control column out of your hands and push it forward by the required amount to regain airspeed. Perhaps there might be a way to create a force feedback loop but as most sim yokes don't have force feedback that wouldn't work. However what you can do is to momentarily disconnect the yoke from the sim. And that's what I did. Whether the a/c is under AP or manual control the yoke is disconnected, the stick pusher will activate, the control surfaces are centralised excepting the rudder and then the yoke is reconnected to the sim. So I was able to model exactly what the a/c systems do during a stick push. The only change I made was to delay the stick push to create more drama!

10 minutes ago, vololiberista said:

Whether it be PMDG or another developer, from my point of view I would expect a PMDG standard as minimum. It's not difficult to backtrack from the manuals. My premise was to initially use the check lists and redesign various instruments from the point of view of pre-flight test etc and then failures. The logic of the oxygen system for example. What do the dials actually represent and what is the purpose of the tests? For the majority of my work I have used only two manuals. The flight manual and technical notes. I was fortunate to find a P7 graph amongst the technical notes on board the Sultan of Oman's aircraft at brooklands. I have all the wiring diagrams for the electrical systems and at the moment I am working on that. A lot of stuff will have to have additional code because I have to "build" an electrical supply first (simulate the wiring and power supplies in effect) and then feed the components off that. Wheras now an electrical supply is "assumed."

When I mentioned earlier about the stick pusher that was an interesting experiment in that a real stick pusher does just that. It will ###### (umm why does avsim delete the word s n a t c h?) the control column out of your hands and push it forward by the required amount to regain airspeed. Perhaps there might be a way to create a force feedback loop but as most sim yokes don't have force feedback that wouldn't work. However what you can do is to momentarily disconnect the yoke from the sim. And that's what I did. Whether the a/c is under AP or manual control the yoke is disconnected, the stick pusher will activate, the control surfaces are centralised excepting the rudder and then the yoke is reconnected to the sim. So I was able to model exactly what the a/c systems do during a stick push. The only change I made was to delay the stick push to create more drama!

14 hours ago, G7USL said:

a PMDG version would be ten times better.

I'd like a PMDG version of every plane in my hangar. PMDG said that the staff would love to do a 707 but they are not going to and I am assuming it is due to estimated low market demand. Based on that I doubt PMDG would do a VC10.

Just Flight is producing one based on the second post in this thread from March of this year:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31322&KW=vc10&title=new-developments-vc10-and-jet-provost

I'd love to hear Vololiberista, with his knowledge and passion for the VC10, was invited to be on the team. That would indicate to me that Just Flight is serious about making a very accurate sim model of the VC10. This is not to say that Just Flight doesn't already have such a qualified person on the team. I just don't know.

I really like the VC10 and I would just like it to be really well done. I just noticed that this is in the PMDG forum so I will stop talking about Just Flight.

Ted Striker

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4