Hello, yesterday i got Active Sky 2016 and flew around for a bit. I saw something strange as i fly into clouds. Some of the cloud textures start to make its way into the cockpit (as seen in photo). If there is no fix thats alright because im updating to P3d V4 tomorrow.

, HR

PHOTO: https://prnt.sc/fdktar

Ha, ha, ha ha ha, i don't have a soluition sorry, but this is hilarious, you sure you closed the windows??

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

It could be a good idea flying not higher than 2,000' in that case!. LOL

This is simming, unpredictable things could happen.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Looks a little more like light glare than clouds seeping in.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

It could be a good idea flying not higher than 2,000' in that case!. LOL

This is simming, unpredictable things could happen.

Cheers, Ed

2 hours ago, Wildblue said:

Ha, ha, ha ha ha, i don't have a soluition sorry, but this is hilarious, you sure you closed the windows??

hahahaha ok, its all good. im going to update to P3D V4 tomorrow, hopefully it doesnt do it.

1 hour ago, HRAviations said:

hahahaha ok, its all good. im going to update to P3D V4 tomorrow, hopefully it doesnt do it.

Good luck tomorrow. Please post your findings about the new version.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

17 hours ago, edpatino said:

Good luck tomorrow. Please post your findings about the new version.

Cheers, Ed

thank you, ill be sure to tell you

On 5/29/2017 at 7:19 PM, HRAviations said:

You don't need to update to v4 to get that to go away. This has been discussed many times and is likely due to have one of two options or boTH turned on in AS16. If you look in the AS16 settings there are two options of which I can't remember the names of since I'm not at my computer but one is the volumetric cloud effect and the other is the effect when passing through clouds. If either or both are turned on it will generate the efffect your seeing. Turn them off and test.

BTW, this is discussed in the AS16 manual.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

You don't need to update to v4 to get that to go away. This has been discussed many times and is likely due to have one of two options or boTH turned on in AS16. If you look in the AS16 settings there are two options of which I can't remember the names of since I'm not at my computer but one is the volumetric cloud effect and the other is the effect when passing through clouds. If either or both are turned on it will generate the efffect your seeing. Turn them off and test.

BTW, this is discussed in the AS16 manual.

well, i wasnt updating to v4 JUST to get rid of that. P3D is finally 64 bit so i really wanted to switch. I'll take a look at the settings, thanks

40 minutes ago, HRAviations said:

well, i wasnt updating to v4 JUST to get rid of that. P3D is finally 64 bit so i really wanted to switch. I'll take a look at the settings, thanks

Welcome.

It is the cloud motion effect switched on, AS16 doesn't have a volumetric cloud effect. I switched it off to, it's very annoying. Another thing I have with AS16 and never had before with OpusFSI is that the longer the flight, the more stutters I get on approach and landing, especially on turning while taxiing, I'm talking about flights that are about 45 minutes and longer ( the longer, the more bad ), it's almost like AS16 is filling up space somewhere like a bottle that's slowly filling up, not to happy about that

Herman

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2017 at 1:28 AM, electricman said:

It is the cloud motion effect switched on, AS16 doesn't have a volumetric cloud effect. 

Herman

The effect I was trying to remember when I said volumetric cloud effect is actuall the wing fade effect. I know for certain that the wing fade effect causes this because I had the same thing happen as the OP before the cloud motion effect was even an option.

So in theory, both the cloud motion and wing fade effect could cause the symptoms that the OP was having.