Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

ATC Center

I'm testing the program and i like it, but why am i getting handed to "ATC Center" instead of for example "Madrid Center"? Even the freeware plugin 124thATC call the centers by their names. Am i doing something wrong and there is an option to enable that?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I do always hear the names of the centres when at altitude. I think you only hear "contact Centre" when Departure is handing you off to the first centre during climb out.

p

I don't think all of the centers are identified. Sometimes they're called by name but not always. I think Dave said it's on the to do list but not for a while.

NAX669.png

Ok. May have something to do with where you're flying as well. Mainly I fly across Canada and the US and maybe more of them are already identified.

On a similar topic, I have noticed that as I get handed off from centre to centre I will get duplicate names. Edmonton Centre will hand me off to another Edmonton Centre. Now, this obviously has to do with the controller radius I have set up in the config, but my question is, what is a realistic centre radius for high altitude airliners? I have mine set at 150. How often do pilots get handed off to the next controller and what is an accurate radius?

150 is a reasonable radius for high altitude/fast airliners.

It is not uncommon in the real world to be handed off from one center controller to another with the same name.  Each Center has many controllers that are each responsible for a segment of the total Center's geography, so where I fly around the DFW area, I might get handed off to 2 or 3 Fort Worth Center controllers on any given flight.

Yes, getting all the Center names and boundaries is on the enhancements list.  Right now, if it's not in the database, you will be given a "generic" ATC Center.

Dave

14 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

150 is a reasonable radius for high altitude/fast airliners.

It is not uncommon in the real world to be handed off from one center controller to another with the same name.  Each Center has many controllers that are each responsible for a segment of the total Center's geography, so where I fly around the DFW area, I might get handed off to 2 or 3 Fort Worth Center controllers on any given flight.

Yes, getting all the Center names and boundaries is on the enhancements list.  Right now, if it's not in the database, you will be given a "generic" ATC Center.

Dave

I wonder why the free 124thATC gets all the names right though. I flew to Tenerife and with 124thATC I hear "contact Tenerife center" but with Pilot2ATC I hear "contact ATC center". Same with almost all centers where I fly. I guess I didn't hear a center name yet.

Same with airport names, with Pilot2ATC I get "cleared to Lima Papa Foxtrot Romeo" while with 124thATC I get "cleared to Faro airport".

This is very important to me, I hope you can solve this issue soon. If it wasn't for this I would have bought the program already, but as it is I guess I will wait to see if it gets fixed.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White