Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

A2A walk around still not working

P3D 3.4, I tried everything but reinstalling.  When I try the walk around I get all inside views, it's a mess.

I have no saved aircraft.cfg file like I've seen in another thread to replace it with.

Anyone else have this problem?

I love this program but this is about the only thing that is getting on my nerves.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

While I cannot state with absolute certainty, based on observations of my aircraft.

When CP is ran the first time it will create a file named "aircraft.cfg.fsfx_CP.bkp" if it made any change to the aircraft.cfg file.

If there is no bkp file then CP did not alter the aircraft.cfg.  

In my case only the Majestic Q400 aircraft.cfg file was altered. None of the others were touched.

The other file that is always altered is the camera.cfg files.  The backup file is; cameras.cfg.fsfx.bkp.   That file is located %AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\

EXE.XML may also be altered if you set CP to autostart with FSX.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie, I'm at the PC right now having a lot of fun stating up cameras and experimenting.

I can set up all my planes from MilViz to Carenado even A2A.

But I still can't get the walk around to work.  All it does is give me a bunch of cockpit views.

I see all those files you mentioned despite being on P3D 3.4.  I see that CP was added to the EXE.XML.  But I think this is a global setting as it's in AppData.

I don't know enough about this to figure it out.  Something is overriding the walk around cameras.

Thanks so far...

Jack Sawyer

Unfortunately, I only have the A2A 172 and it isn't currently installed, so I have exhausted my limited depth of knowledge or experience.

Keven does a great job at addressing issues, so this one will eventually get resolved. 

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, airernie said:

Unfortunately, I only have the A2A 172 and it isn't currently installed, so I have exhausted my limited depth of knowledge or experience.

Keven does a great job at addressing issues, so this one will eventually get resolved. 

Thanks Ernest, I very much appreciate all your help.  Still and all, Chase Plane is amazing!  I was actually laughing out last night as I was making camera settings,  my wife had a laugh.  This is such a fun program and so far it hasn't crashed or given me any other problems.  I wish I had bought it last year!

Jack Sawyer

moved to another topic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can't even get the Walkaround page showing up in my A2A aircraft.Pressing 4 for me does absolutely nothing.

Remove the cp_cache file located in the ChasePlane install folder

1. Launch ChasePlane
  2. Launch the simulator
  3. Let me know if that works.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42