Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

P3d v3 VS. P3d v4 *Performance Faceoff and Side by Side!*

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Perhaps it's just me, but it sure seems like both are stuttering quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Thanks for sharing the video.
I'd expect to see stutter here and there. We only can reduce it, for now I don't think we can be stutter-free with normal using.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Doesn't the recording software have something to do with the stuttering? Just wondering.

• Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Not sure why P3Dv4 is eating up close 10GB near then end, but ok. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Quite the difference in fps, it looked to be averaging around 20% There was a point where they both choked but v4 definitely handled it much better.

• Upvote 1

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

v4 seemed more GPU intensive to me. I just hope my 1080 running 4k handles it good.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

2 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Probably that God awful orbx so cal. That place is like a VAS black hole. Likely why he chose it. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Anyone know what he's using to measure performance?

Is that procexp64? I like the colors!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Nicely done video to compare SxS. That was a stress test for sure with near all max settings and a very heavy area to render. There seem to be some scenery popping on both. Great to see over 10gb in use for VAS. If its needed it will use it. I gather that it can only get better from here as v4 gets tweaked, and scenery is optimized for v4. Few more hours to go and a mad rush to be part of FSX based history. 

Just noticed in the YT from JK comments that when they hit the hard single digits, V3 crashed, but V4 carried on. Orbx SCA is a beast. 

Edited by HighTowers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

4 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Maybe they've stripped the memory unloading.

Umm, who even cares about VAS use anymore?????

We should be worried about our RAM and VRAM usage now, 64-bit = NO VAS ISSUES!

Unless we were able to run through multiple terabytes of it.. :huh:

I care, I still want to know how much memory the sim uses.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I don't care at all. If it climbs to 14GB or something like that, i'll just buy 32GB and forget about it. Good times ahead, specially with the notoriously higher performance V4 offers. Yay!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well * me !

Did they just remove "objects shadow cast" and leave one ONE option for shadow distance ?? :marah:

I didn't use terrain or cloud (cast distance) cause I didn't saw much difference but I did saw HUGE difference on my performance but I just have to use object shadow cast distance - cause I need my aircraft to have self shadowing effect, right? and now... what will I do now? You telling me I have to use them all together now, with same distance cast ?!? If that is really truth that is one huge bs from LM. :hemm:

Another thing... is it true, does anybody knows, that now we have options menu ONLY on start screen ? Yeah, it would be a great idea if we did keep them IN GAME TOO but seems like we actually didn't ? So you have to end your flight to adjust ...even smallest things now. Pretty handy isn't it ? :kusut:

• Upvote 1