Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Yet Another Wifi Question;-)

I'm trying to extend our wifi signal to reach the garden (we have massively thick stone walls).

The plan was to use 'powerline wifi extenders', placing one in the outside shed to supply the garden.

I ordered the wrong item however, and now have a pair of powerline ethernet extenders instead of wifi extenders.

Just wondering..... Rather than return or sell them, losing out, would it work if I used and old switched router connected to the shed extender, and if so, would i be able to use the same SSID?

On 30 May 2017 at 1:08 PM, Dougal said:

Just wondering..... Rather than return or sell them, losing out, would it work if I used and old switched router connected to the shed extender, and if so, would i be able to use the same SSID?

Yes. I have the same setup in my house. There's a good distance between the main WiFi router and the "slave" which is plugged into a powerline adapter so my iPad doesn't keep changing between the two.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

35 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Yes. I have the same setup in my house. There's a good distance between the main WiFi router and the "slave" which is plugged into a powerline adapter so my iPad doesn't keep changing between the two.

brilliant thanks.