Sign in to follow this  
p3dnerd

Milviz Beaver - Problem with Instrument Lighting

Hi All,

Got the new Milviz Beaver over the weekend and I've enjoyed flying it for the most part.

I've got a problem though --- can't seem to be able to get the instrument or map lights to operate no matter what I do.

I'm running P3d v3.4 and Win 10 on a pretty good set up.

I followed all the instructions from Milviz about disabling AV and UAC and running as administrator etc....still no luck.

I have also RTM and followed the directions there to tick "pilot controls lighting" under the P3D realism settings.....and I turned on the instr light switch and moved the rheostats.....no effect.

I've even done a reinstall and still no joy.  The landing, nav, beacon, pulse lights all work though.

Just wondering if anyone else is having any problem like mine.  I've been on the Milviz Beaver Support Forum (registration only open to purchasers of the Beaver) and no one has posted anything about an issue with the instrument lighting.

I'm thinking that I might have a "gremlin" in my system and will just have to live with this minor issue.  BTW, I'm not seeing any issues with my other addon aircraft, so whatever the problem is, it seems to be limited to this aspect of the Milviz Beaver.

Either way, if you have no problems getting the Beaver's instrument lighting to work under P3D v3.4 and Win 10, please let me know.

Thanks

I don't seem to have instrument lighting issues but the map light won't turn off. It turns on ok but then won't turn off unless I hit a different light switch first. Haven't tried the latest build so maybe its fixed by now? Anyway......

Make sure that the XMLtools.dll for the sim version is installed and in the FS main folder and install the updates as they come online , most every issue has been taken care of and the wish list items and added functionality underway.

Best CJ

Followed all the provided installation instructions doing a reinstall......same problem.

I'm running Windows 10 and P3d v 3.4....also have F1 GTN installed.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with the Milviz Beaver?

Update--- Problem Solved

Turns out the the Estonia Migration tool that I had on my rig was the culprit.

Even though I had the Estonia tool disabled in its own UI and fsx.exe was not showing up in the Task Manager list of processes after I launched P3d, apparently somehow it was gumming up the works.  BTW, I don't know how to disable the Estonia tool in the dll.xml.

So what I did was simply uninstall the Estonia tool entirely.....and after I did that, I had fully functional map, cabin and instrument lights for flying the Beaver at night.

Hope this helps anyone else who might have run into this issue.

• Upvote 1