Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Disabling VC

True.But the method described in the original link assumes that the first occurence of a particular 5-word sequence in a model file relates to the VC, and that it will stop the VC being loaded.

Gerry Howard

>True.>>But the method described in the original link assumes that the>first occurence of a particular 5-word sequence in a model>file relates to the VC, and that it will stop the VC being>loaded. In every case I've tried it that assumption proved to be the case...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

I usually prefer planes without VCs (exept from the Ariane VCe) because on my system VCs usually have a severe impact on performance. Now one could say, if you don't loke 3D cockpits, then just fly from the 2d panel. But it's not that easy, because VCs definitely have an impact also on the perfomance in 2d mode. For instance, when I fly the PMDG 737Ng or the LDS 767 "VC Models" in 2D mode I'll get approx. 20 - 25 % less performance, than flying the PMDG or LDS "Non VC modells" in 2D mode. So VCs have an impact on performance, even when they are not used. This fact was also discussed here in the forum a couple of years ago.WolfgangMy raw sys specsP4 2.4 Ghz1024 MB DDR SDRAMATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MBWin XP Pro

Guest jgreth123

>That's your view - literally. If you fly in crowded skies in>VATSIM or multiplayer mode, with Active Camera head latency or>even TrackIR enabled, there is just no way you can make all>the panel and overhead inputs and adjustments necessary - with>no copilot, remember - and still fly properly. Particularly,>if you are not using an autopilot and trying to hand fly at>the same time. I use both 2D and 3D cockpit; but then that is>what this sim is all about, choices.Now now Mark ;)I fly my Level-D 763 / PMDG 744 / PMDG 737 on VATSIM all the time in the VC only with TrackIR and have no problems. ;)

For me, like in a previous post: 1) Airliners--- absolutely no VC. I prefer to pop up the subpanels as I can get to them much easier and do what I need to do. Also, with the workload, the 2d just works better for me. 2) GA --- Guess what? I never fly WITHOUT the VC. Less complex cockpit, smaller plane, the VC just gives a better feel of flying that sort of aircraft. I really want both available, and really like the manufacturers who provide the option in their models. Mike