Sign in to follow this  
bankflyer

using radios in default aircraft before engine start

FSX boxed version in Win 10 on really good gaming desktop. Now the question- Anyone know how to make the radio stack work in default aircraft before engine start? I've turned on the master battery switch, but no joy. I'd like to get clearance before push back (use GSX) and before starting engines, works ok in add on A/C like  Project Airbus....help?

If there's an an avionics master switch you likely need that on as well as the master battery.

If the aircraft does not have a switch, you can assign a keyboard shortcut via your Controls settings.

Another option is to save your default flight with avionics master switch left on.

Barry Friedman

19 minutes ago, fshobby said:

If there's an an avionics master switch you likely need that on as well as the master battery.

If the aircraft does not have a switch, you can assign a keyboard shortcut via your Controls settings.

Another option is to save your default flight with avionics master switch left on.

+1 for saving your default flight with the avionics switch on.  I use the default Baron 58.  All engines

shut down, electrical turned off, mixture levers to full rich, throttles at idle.  All aircraft will start in

that configuration.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

How dumb do I feel? Of course! I assigned a button command to Avionics Master Switch and it works.....thanks much guys, its a lot more realistic to get clearance and push back and then start engines. Appreciate your help.