Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Prepar3d v4 downloads are now active!

Prepar3D v4 Academic License 1 $59.95 $59.95

It's a 12.102 gig download.

I'm achieving a transfer rate of 2.45 MB/sec, living 1800km from the world's most remote capital city.

1.5 gig down, not too long til I'm in the air.

Get in the game, folks. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Paid for but unable to download. Cant get download page after repeated attempts. Will try early tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

At first, quite a few of us got to the download page but couldn't get any further. I just logged in again with my details on the download page, and then it worked on the second try. That was about 20 minutes ago, the download is progressing smoothly. Keep clicking, you'll get there!

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Congrats guys, we killed their servers...again! :laugh:
This makes me happy,it means they are selling well! :) 

Sadly, I'll have to wait a month to be able to afford this beautiful proverbial puppy. 

• Upvote 1

done with the first GB, 11 more to go.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

re: "Sadly, I'll have to wait a month to be able to afford this beautiful proverbial puppy. "

Man, that's harsh :huh: Set up a gofundme, some of us will contribute for sure! 

Flying this sim in half an hour versus tomorrow is not such a big deal logically, but damn it if it isn't fun getting into the buzz of a new release. I haven't sat around refreshing a sale page som much since the NGX release, that was 2011. Good times! 

• Upvote 1

Oz

Finally managed to get to the download. Very patient but now downloading at about 20MB/s should not take too long to get it.

I guess there might be bigger sales this time because of more people like me that makes the jump because of the 64 bits. I4ve waited with FSX till v4 ;)

For Pete's sake it won't start the f'ing download. 

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Managed to come onto the site, pay and now downloading 2,2 MB/s, 2 hrs to go LOL

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Man, that's harsh :huh: Set up a gofundme, some of us will contribute for sure! 

Flying this sim in half an hour versus tomorrow is not such a big deal logically, but damn it if it isn't fun getting into the buzz of a new release. I haven't sat around refreshing a sale page som much since the NGX release, that was 2011. Good times! 

Me too! Although I'll have to contend in perusing the SDK for the time being. I want to see what else they added there, or changed since many developers praised the v4 SDK. 
The last time, for me, was when Star Trek Online was released, and that was in 2010!

Just now, wedgantilles said:

Finally managed to get to the download. Very patient but now downloading at about 20MB/s should not take too long to get it.

I guess there might be bigger sales this time because of more people like me that makes the jump because of the 64 bits. I4ve waited with FSX till v4 ;)

Still on FSX...wow, I just can't contemplate that level of delay of gratification! But you're still downloading v4 on the opening bell, just like a true early adopter. :happy:

Oz

Good series of double posts there, I think the Avsim laptop is overheating with all this excitement! 

• Upvote 1

Oz

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Still on FSX...wow, I just can't contemplate that level of delay of gratification! But you're still downloading v4 on the opening bell, just like a true early adopter. :happy:

Yeah well I had planned to make the switch but I wanted to wait v4 to know for sure the addons that would be compatible or not, as my FSX was running well I had no real urge to change ;) But now that I can well here I am :p 

Well, so much for waiting until the promised 11:00 A.M.  Just went to their site, and "the server has stopped responding."

:huh:

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080