Sign in to follow this  
mbozaritchie

P3D v4 Installation Fails

9 hours ago, hasse29 said:

Kyle is Scandinavian, and we have a straight forward communication other cultures might be taking as offending, but we did not mean any offense. If someone would ask a similar question like that on a forum in Nordic countries, response would not have been so restrained and kind.

haha - glad someone understands. RSR always has to remind me that, for people who know me, it's easy to understand my meanings because they can 'hear' me say it - in type, though, it usually comes across as pretty terse. It's something I've been working on for years...some habits don't go easily, though.

4 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

interesting itinerary - what brought you to TDW?

The plane needed to get out to CCR to get swapped for another one that someone else was dragging back across the country. As for the reason for TDW, specifically, it was mostly timing. Tried to keep the legs under about 4 hours for sanity's sake, and Amarillo was a good spot to stop into. Reliever airports, and other non-Class B/C airports tend to be cheaper for a quick stop, too, so TDW was perfect.

Kyle Rodgers

10 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

haha - glad someone understands. RSR always has to remind me that, for people who know me, it's easy to understand my meanings because they can 'hear' me say it - in type, though, it usually comes across as pretty terse. It's something I've been working on for years...some habits don't go easily, though.

The plane needed to get out to CCR to get swapped for another one that someone else was dragging back across the country. As for the reason for TDW, specifically, it was mostly timing. Tried to keep the legs under about 4 hours for sanity's sake, and Amarillo was a good spot to stop into. Reliever airports, and other non-Class B/C airports tend to be cheaper for a quick stop, too, so TDW was perfect.

Thanks... I'll make just one more deviation and go further off topic, but 17/35 and the taxiways are in increasingly poor shape at TDW. Like many of the roads around here, these surfaces are just not swept often (at all).

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

So if I just bought the PMDG 747-400 for P3d, without having p3d v3 (But I have v4)  Will I still be able to get it for P3D V4 when it is available for that platform?

17 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I know exactly what you mean. I am extremely straight forward and open in my communication, even for being Scandinavian. It is a hard work to adjust to other cultures.

12 hours ago, Ac777-299Lr said:

So if I just bought the PMDG 747-400 for P3d, without having p3d v3 (But I have v4)  Will I still be able to get it for P3D V4 when it is available for that platform?

Yes, the QOTSII product is for both v3 and v4, but you will have to wait for the update to the product that provides for an installer that is v3 and v4 aware.  I recommend that since you cannot install yet, you wait for the update to be announced and then go to your PMDG account order history and download the latest from there.

Dan Downs KCRP

53 minutes ago, downscc said:

Yes, the QOTSII product is for both v3 and v4, but you will have to wait for the update to the product that provides for an installer that is v3 and v4 aware.  I recommend that since you cannot install yet, you wait for the update to be announced and then go to your PMDG account order history and download the latest from there.

Thx for your help, I will be on the look out for the 744and 772.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, ahuimanu said:

Thanks... I'll make just one more deviation and go further off topic, but 17/35 and the taxiways are in increasingly poor shape at TDW. Like many of the roads around here, these surfaces are just not swept often (at all).

Yeah they are. I used them to get back to the south ramp and was none too pleased. Much better than some of the airports I've flown into, though, where I'm carefully angling the plane around to deal with divots/pits/cracks that might drop the nose and catch the prop.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:40 AM, hasse29 said:

I know exactly what you mean. I am extremely straight forward and open in my communication, even for being Scandinavian. It is a hard work to adjust to other cultures.

Definitely.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi guys,

I was waiting, patiently :) but will admit to possibly jumping the gun. I noticed that ...or it looked like the 747 was ready for P3D v4 from the product page at PMDG...it now says v4 so I bought a licence for P3D and cannot install it.This was yesterday btw. 

I get an error message...something like "windows cannot install..." and then the .exe (install file) disappears from the unzipped folder... weird!  

I have never experienced anything quite like it.

any insight is much appreciated but I have a feeling I just need to wait for an update. 

Thank you,
too excited :) lol

1 minute ago, dbhally said:

Hi guys,

I was waiting, patiently :) but will admit to possibly jumping the gun. I noticed that ...or it looked like the 747 was ready for P3D v4 from the product page at PMDG...it now says v4 so I bought a licence for P3D and cannot install it.This was yesterday btw. 

I get an error message...something like "windows cannot install..." and then the .exe (install file) disappears from the unzipped folder... weird!  

I have never experienced anything quite like it.

any insight is much appreciated but I have a feeling I just need to wait for an update. 

Thank you,
too excited :) lol

Antivirus? Disable it while installing.

6 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Antivirus? Disable it while installing.

You the man! That was it...so strange it would just delete it without any notification. 

anti virus.... PITA! ;) 

Thank you Chris,
good day to you, salute! 

2 minutes ago, dbhally said:

You the man! That was it...so strange it would just delete it without any notification. 

anti virus.... PITA! ;) 

Thank you Chris,
good day to you, salute! 

Glad it was an easy fix! For the record, what antivirus product are you using? It must see the installer as a false positive and quarantine it.

• Upvote 1

I swear to you, if I had a penny for every time an anti-virus program was the cause of corruption/misbehavior (things that AV should be there to prevent, mind you), I could probably go out and buy my own plane. Aftermarket AV, to me, is entirely worthless at this point.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Chris,

I was using Norton. It tripped me up because I run my sim on a dedicated pc and never run anti virus on it. I just did a fresh install of windows and a trial period was started.

It's not like I've never heard of it happening either, just been a while. 

thanks again ;)

3 hours ago, dbhally said:

Hi Chris,

I was using Norton. It tripped me up because I run my sim on a dedicated pc and never run anti virus on it. I just did a fresh install of windows and a trial period was started.

It's not like I've never heard of it happening either, just been a while. 

thanks again ;)

Ah yes Norton is a pile of junk.