Sign in to follow this  
Sumits81

Chaseplane crashes upon P3D v4 exit.

Hi,

As the title suggests, after closing down v4 chaseplane dumps memory and crashes. Have had this about 5 times on the trot now. I'm running the latest version (at the time of writing v0.2.54).

Thought I should mention this.

Cheers

I can't even get CP to run in V4!

It keeps telling me it's not up to date or their working on it or something.  I can take a screenshot.

I was SO hoping it would work.

It updated itself too but will not work at all with V4.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

@Jack_Sawyer V4 support is on Experimental Versions only for now

I see, well here's the error.  I'll have to change it to Experimental.

Thanks Keven.  Oh, by the way, while V4 was downloading I ran V3.4 and CP updated, but then all the hard work I did last night was all for naught.

All my camera button assignments were gone.  It said only a date range of mid May, I didn't even but it till two days ago.

Also, all my curves adjustments were messed up.  What gives?  Will this happen in future?  I hope not as I spent hours last night setting them all up.  

K70rlwJ.jpg

Jack Sawyer

The Crash on exit should be fixed with the latest build

@Jack_Sawyer If you have issues that are not related to this thread's topic, please post a new one.

Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

@Jack_Sawyer If you have issues that are not related to this thread's topic, please post a new one.

Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven, 

Thank you and the team for sorting the crash out. Will test more later today. 

Cheers

I'm having the same problem in V4.  CP crashes 75% of the time on closing V4.

Jack Sawyer

18 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven,

I'm on v0.2.58 now and all appears to work well. No crashes here and pretty pleased with v4 compatibility. Thank you and the team.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

Hi Keven,

I'm on v0.2.58 now and all appears to work well. No crashes here and pretty pleased with v4 compatibility. Thank you and the team.

Cheers

Are you using experimental mode in V4?  I haven't had a chance to turn on the PC yet today so did this update today?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

That's right, Jack. I'm not aware of another mode available to v4 users at the mo. I launched CP about 20mins ago and got an update come thru. Give it a go when you can.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

That's right, Jack. I'm not aware of another mode available to v4 users at the mo. I launched CP about 20mins ago and got an update come thru. Give it a go when you can.

Cheers

Thank you kindly sir!

Jack Sawyer

Well, I just turned don the PC, ran CP and it was already patched to this version.  It was the version I was using in P3DV4 last night and it kept crashing and freezing the cameras.

Jack Sawyer

Here's what I remember: v.0.2.54 dropped around the time everyone was installing v4; approx. 1900GMT or at least thats when I got the update. 2.56 come a few hours after that. That was yesterday.

2.58 was downloaded when I got home about an hour or so ago.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

Here's what I remember: v.0.2.54 dropped around the time everyone was installing v4; approx. 1900GMT or at least thats when I got the update. 2.56 come a few hours after that. That was yesterday.

2.58 was downloaded when I got home about an hour or so ago.

Cheers

I was up to 0200 local, EDT last night messing with it.  Then I turned it off.  I have not turned on the PC till just now, ran CP and saw it was 0.2.58 and it did not update.  So it had to be the version from last night I was using.  Haven't touched the PC all day till now.  I have no idea but it's still freezing my cameras.

Jack Sawyer