Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

v4 Early Impressons

I didn't see a thread like this, if it's a dupe I'm sorry, please lock me!

With v4 now getting into the general populace's grubby little hands, I'm interested in what peoples' impressions are.   Any thoughts, those of you who have had it for all of 2 hours (or longer, as this thread ages)?

37 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

With v4 now getting into the general populace's grubby little hands, I'm interested in what peoples impressions are.   Any thoughts, those of you who have had it for all of 2 hours so far?

Hi,

It is staggering. Running it at 8,3gb of RAM. Would have OOM'ed long ago with FSX.

Now frying my CPU above New York with the F-22 Raptor. LOD radius is MASSIVE, autogen IS MASSIVE!!! No issues at all!

Keep shadows only on airplane and 20% traffic and you'll be fine with a high end setup on nearly ultra settings.

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

8 minutes ago, willultra99 said:

Downloading now :)

I am also downloading now and I will report back later.

I hope that this is helpful information and a valuable contribution to this topic.

- Will

http://imgur.com/JV6jWRl

Here is a pic.

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

6 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Hi,

It is staggering. Running it at 8,3gb of RAM. Would have OOM'ed long ago with FSX.

Now frying my CPU above New York with the F-35 JSF. LOD radius is MASSIVE, autogen IS MASSIVE!!! No issues at all!

Keep shadows only on airplane and 20% traffic and you'll be fine with a high end setup on nearly ultra settings.

Staggering, what are you talking about? There must be something wrong with your rig!!!

Can't even compare this to V3, the fact that it is 64 bits was already enough for me to get it.
Performance wise, really nice on my system, having everything maxed in world tab and using 8xSSAA, LOD=14.5 and ofc TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 since im using a 1080 ti.
So far i installed Flytampa EHAM and fps is around 60-65 in default F16, guess ill have to wait till PMDG updates there aircraft for some more stress testing.

And ofc Orbx haven't manage to get it installed yet but really looking forward, $200 well spend for me.

30 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

With v4 now getting into the general populace's grubby little hands, I'm interested in what peoples' impressions are.   Any thoughts, those of you who have had it for all of 2 hours (or longer, as this thread ages)?

Read the thread by test pilot just surfacing. Quite a good report.

3 minutes ago, Zaros said:

Can't even compare this to V3, the fact that it is 64 bits was already enough for me to get it.
Performance wise, really nice on my system, having everything maxed in world tab and using 8xSSAA, LOD=14.5 and ofc TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 since im using a 1080 ti.
So far i installed Flytampa EHAM and fps is around 60-65 in default F16, guess ill have to wait till PMDG updates there aircraft for some more stress testing.

And ofc Orbx haven't manage to get it installed yet but really looking forward, $200 well spend for me.

I too am happy with P3D V4.

5 minutes ago, Zaros said:

Is FlyTampa EHAM looking good as it seemed to have floating runways..?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Performance seems a little wobbly to me.  At Manchester if you turn towards the Airport FPS drops to around 10, turn away it's back around 25...that's with everything maxed out and shadows enabled.  Performance at the default airport is very good across the board.

This is all default at the moment, using the F22.  The "Select a Vehicle" window is blank after selecting the first aircraft.  Memory usage hasn't been above 3Gb on my setup.  Had a single CTD after messing around with 4th scenario. 

Ian R Tyldesley

3 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Are you guys installing addons from newly released installers or are you just installing the v3 versions into the sim ?

Only compatible stuff performance great :-)

André

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Are you guys installing addons from newly released installers or are you just installing the v3 versions into the sim ?

I would only use official Prepar3d v4 installers.
Also this https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/510724-a-word-of-caution-when-updating-add-ons-in-v4/

• Upvote 1