Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

v4 Early Impressons

46 minutes ago, xrobp said:

Same here. I flew around TO last night with all Terrain and Scenery Options sliders maxed, clouds maxed, very high shadows, in 4K, and it was awesome!

What Aircaft did you use... The cold and dark fsl 320 cub??? 

7 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

It means alot of the models from pai won't work Ie prop aircraft .  Why did they do this??  

14ppkc-6.png

16 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Sounds good. Hoping the 1080ti will keep up at 4k. I'm only really interested In  the higher draw distance for terrain.

I do not have P3Dv4 installed yet , but with P3Dv3 I use 3 HD tv's , each it's own view.

I always have 25 fps with my 1080 TI. It is a fantastic card.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, tooting said:

I was flying the Extra 300. Obviously not a sophisticated aircraft, but I was only trying to say that it was awesome to not have to worry about OOMs with terrain and scenery options cranked up :) The city actually looks like a city with everything maxed. Performance was great too (I have a non-overclocked 4670K and 16GB RAM), but we will see about that once scenery is installed, a more complex aircraft is used, and traffic is turned on :blush:.

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I do not have P3Dv4 installed yet , but with P3Dv3 I use 3 HD tv's , each it's own view.

I always have 25 fps with my 1080 TI. It is a fantastic card.

Ahhh I see. I thought you had p3d v4. You're right, the 1080ti is awesome. It works wonderful in v3 in 4k. I'm wondering what it can do in v4.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, tooting said:

It means alot of the models from pai won't work Ie prop aircraft .  Why did they do this??  

I tried:

Step 1)
Open this file with text editor.
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml

Add this
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>utLive fs client</Name>
    <Path>D:\P3DV4-ADDONS\UT-LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

Step 2)
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg

Add this
[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=D:\P3DV4-ADDONS\UT-LIVE\utLive Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Step 3)
Open this file with text editor
D:\P3Dv4-Addons\UT-Live\ui_settings.xml

Look for the text below and change the path to your P3Dv4 path.  You don't need to change the cfgPath or objPath, and even if you do, it will change those back.

<p3d3_info>
    <desc>Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D v3</desc>
    <fsType>prepar3d3</fsType>
    <path>D:\P3Dv4\</path>
    <cfgPath>C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\prepar3d.cfg</cfgPath>
    <objPath>C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg</objPath>
    <numAircraft>2784</numAircraft>
  </p3d3_info>

Look for text below and change path, cfgPath, and objPath to match P3dV4.

<fsInfo>
    <cfgPath>C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\prepar3d.cfg</cfgPath>
    <objPath>C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg</objPath>
  </fsInfo>

I cannot get it to work properly.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

2 hours ago, GHarrall said:

WOAI uses FS9 native AI models. LM removed support for FS9 style AI in V4.

That would mean that most of the aircrafts of IVAO MTL would no longer be compatible with V4. Hopefully we soon get replacement AI.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

46 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

I tried:

Step 1)
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml

Add this
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>utLive fs client</Name>
    <Path>D:\P3DV4-ADDONS\UT-LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

Step 2)
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg

Add this
[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=D:\P3DV4-ADDONS\UT-LIVE\utLive Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Step 3)
Open this file with text editor
D:\P3Dv4-Addons\UT-Live\ui_settings.xml

Look for the text below and change the path to your P3Dv4 path.  You don't need to change the cfgPath or objPath, and even if you do, it will change those back.

<p3d3_info>
    <cfgPath>C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\prepar3d.cfg</cfgPath>
    <objPath>C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg</objPath>
  </p3d3_info>

Look for text below and change path, cfgPath, and objPath to match P3dV4.

<fsInfo>
    <cfgPath>C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\prepar3d.cfg</cfgPath>
    <objPath>C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg</objPath>
  </fsInfo>

I cannot get it to work properly.

Doesnt matter mate,  because if they have made the older ai models not compatible Its more than likly going to ctd

52 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

That would mean that most of the aircrafts of IVAO MTL would no longer be compatible with V4. Hopefully we soon get replacement AI.

They did this in P3D v2 and people complained, I remember a load of posts on the ai alpha forum about it.

This is quite a big issue especially if you like your ai traffic.   And especially if the Ivao models use project ai prop models.

I guess the Saudi and Aussie air force don't use AI.

For me it puts me in a difficult situation.

14ppkc-6.png

I'm glad everyone is jumping on the V4 bandwagon - Since I just got V3.4 I'll sit it out (and learn) a few months.

Cheers

bs

• Upvote 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Sadly, the terrain data hasn't been updated...  LM is well aware of the terrain issues in South America.  My home airport (SKCL/CLO - Cali's Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Int'l airport) is placed 1000 ft below it's real location, and that data error wasn't fixed in v4.  LM claimed that among the new features of v4, they have "Regions of updated Airport & Terrain Data".

Since a picture is worth more than a thousand words, here's how SKCL looks with FreeMeshX....  This issue can be fixed with ORBX Vector, so I'll have to wait until they update their installers in order to fly to/from my home airport....
Rby4Y72.jpg

Overall, v4 looks great and it performs a lot better than v3 (did a quick test flight last night)...   Hopefully the LM guys will release a fix to the terrain data in the near future...

To me it looks like the graphics havn't improved at all was hoping it would atleast look like xplane 11 very dissapointed think i will stay with v3.

Alexander Shepherd

2 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

To me it looks like the graphics havn't improved at all was hoping it would atleast look like xplane 11 very dissapointed think i will stay with v3.

It's the first iteration of 64 bit for this platform. You are more than aware of the updates Lockheed Martin releases for p3d. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't start upgrading graphics in subsequent releases. V4 sounds like a test bed to see how 64 bit goes. Also, it's not the same engine as xplane 11.

Be patient.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

For me, they have upgrade it ...enough. Looking forward for more of it.

Let us not be afraid to sail these new seas... :biggrin:

My first impression is that V4 rocks, and that it's considerably more backwards compatible that I had feared.

It does not, however, like my parking lot at EKSP Skrydstrup, where I have placed a considerable number of the old Jim Dhaenens lightpoles, each one using 8 landing light effects to make the ground splash. With the new dynamic lighting, 104 concurrent landing líghts in an area the size of a small football field has much greater impact on frame rates than in previous versions. :biggrin:

Time to make a new lightpole ...

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen