Sign in to follow this  
jschall

Head tilt in Beaver VC

This is a problem I probably created myself, but I don't know how to correct it.

I ran the Beaver with TrackIR, and now whenever I run it without TrackIR, the VC is tilted right (as if my head is tilted left).

In FSX, the viewpoint can be adjusted forward/back, left/right and up/down. But I need to adjust it in the roll axis.

How can I straighten out the VC view?

jschall

Some kind person sent me their TrackIR several years ago gratis. I tried it a few times and found that it caused some severe neck pain when I used it. I'm by no means an 'expert' but I do seem to recall that there is some keyboard command that will reset a normal viewpoint.

I wish I had a better memory so I could remember the details. :blink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That is an interesting problem since nothing about TrackIR is held in the sim to my knowledge.  It is only done through simconnect and if TrackIR isn't loaded the sim shouldn't act any differently than if TrackIR had never been used. 

Please provide some answers to the following:

1. Is TrackIR completely disconnected and closed or did you just take the hat off? 

2.  Is it JUST the Beaver or is it everything?

3.  How do you recenter TrackIR?  (key assignment, joystick assignment, switch assignment)

Without yet knowing the answers, try this.....

You can disable the roll function in TrackIR.  I suggest restarting TrackIR, recenter, and then disable roll in the TrackIR control panel.  But.....this shouldn't work once TrackIR is disconnected because, again,  nothing TrackIR is held in the simulator. 

The only other source of roll are the "PBH" settings in your camera configuration file or the camera definition section in the aircraft.cfg file.  Maybe something got corrupted there.  If it happens on all views or all aircraft, look at the camera configuration file.  If it happens in only one view or only in the BEAVER, look at the camera definition section of the aircraft.cfg.

Please let us know what you find because this problem, as stated, is theoretically impossible.   

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

Some kind person sent me their TrackIR several years ago gratis. I tried it a few times and found that it caused some several neck pair when I used it. I'm by no means an 'expert' but I do seem to recall that there is some keyboard command that will reset a normal viewpoint.

I wish I had a better memory so I could remember the details. :blink:

SHIFT+Num Pad DEL might work.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.