Sign in to follow this  
AllAirlineAlliance

HJG L-1011-1 Lag issues

I recently downloaded HJG's L-1011-1 and installed it. Later I flew the aircraft and major lag issues occurred, which have never occurred with me before.

Can someone tell me what I may have done wrong?

I've just downloaded the Tristar package and will give it a try.  Did the lag issues happen while flying

in the cockpit or while in an outside view watching the grass grow?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So anytime I load an L-1011 (from HJG), when I stay in the 2-D cockpit view, the lag does not happen. But then when I switch to the outside view, the lag starts and continues until I close the game.

I dunno why this is happening. This hasn't happened to me before.

I just tried a flight and didn't really have much of a lag when going to an outside view.  Are you using default scenery?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Describe your "lag".  Is it like stuttering of freezing for a few seconds or just slow textures appearing?

List your computer specs.  Laptop or desktop?

Charlie Aron

Desktop.

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1511

OS Build: 10586.679

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Installed RAM: 8GB

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Ok, I just tried something. I opened FSX and selected the L-1011, and I didn't change the location. I let it stay to the default location (Friday Harbor) and loaded it up. This time, when I changed it to the outside view, there was no lag!!! So then I changed the location through the white menu that appears when you fly, to Copenhagen, Denmark and there was still no lag!!!

OK, maybe you are on to something.  So when you start a flight are your engines are running?  Do

you start your flight at an airport gate or are you starting at the end of a runway?  Have you

considered creating a cold and dark scenario default flight so your aircraft is not running, no

lights or electrical is on and you have to manually or CTRL+E start your engines?  More things

to think about!

Charlie Aron

If your default flight is the ultralight flying over Friday Harbor then The flight should start at the end of the runway with the engines running.…...unless you are using a "saved" flight.  That can always cause some concerns.

Charlie Aron

No, what I mean is I change the aircraft but not the location. So I change the Aircraft to the L-1011, but I don't touch the Location at all (so it stays at Friday Harbor).

Do you start all of your flights by choosing the default Friday Harbor flight and then change

aircraft and locations?  Or do you  start of by choosing new departure and arrival airports and

then types of flights, IFR, VFR, GPS, etc?

Charlie Aron

No, I start by changing the aircraft to the L-1011 in the Free Flight menu. I let the location stay at Friday Harbor. Then I start the flight. Once it loads, I use the white/blue menu that appears at the top of the screen. Then I change the location through World > Go to Airport. 

But something I learned a few days ago was that THIS TRICK DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK.

Type of flight: it does not matter. I choose IFR, VFR, and GPS.

Can I suggest the following:

1.  Choose the aircraft you wish to fly.

2.  Open the FlightPlanner and choose your departure airport (along with starting point..Gate,Runway

or Parking Ramp) and then the Arrival airport and then choose your type of flight...IFR, VFR, etc.

3.  Choose weather conditions...real time that is updated every so often or whatever you wish.

4.  Press "Fly Now".

5.  Try to avoid using the Default Flight at Friday Harbor to start your flight!

Charlie Aron