Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Best VC for Posky 757?

I would dearly love to reinstall the Project OpenSky 757-200 on my new FS2004 install however I am having problems finding a VC that works with it!I downloaded the Posky 757 V panel file from AVSIM but it doesn't appear to work properly in their aeroplane. The "VC" is there but without any gauges so I cannot fly it from the VC. I don't want to fly from the 2D cockpit so does anyone have any advice or suggestions for getting the Posky VC (or any VC!) working with their wonderful 757 aircraft?(I have visited the Posky forums but can only find message relating to installing the LD 767 panel which I do not own)Adam

I'm definately not a POSKY expert, but, having just rebuilt an install myself, I'm not sure what the problem is. It should just work.There are at least 3 files you need to install. What I did was go to Project Opensky website, and downloaded the two base packages - Aircraft Effects and Virtual Cockpit Textures. Then I downloaded the paint I wanted from the proper section (North America for me) and installed that per the directions. Then I loaded the effects from the effects base file and copied the VC textures from the vctexture base file into the texture directory of the model I loaded. Then it just worked.If you don't load the VC textures base file, it won't work, and it will tell you so with messages on the flight display (it did on my system anyway for one of my installs, I had accidentally copied the VCtextures to the panel directory).Go to the panel directory and open the panel.cfg and make sure there are |VCockpitXX| sections. If not, you'll need to download a different VC specific paint and get its panel files and gauges.Open the aircraft.cfg file and make sure that model=vc, and that there is a model.vc directory in the aircraft directory.That should be all you need. I'm not aware of any other panels as these have worked fine for me. Be aware that they are not clickable. But I like them anyway. Then again, I only fool around in the big rigs and spend most of my time GA.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg