Sign in to follow this  
Cubcake

p3d v4 crash

crashes wihtout error but found this on the viewer ai_player.dll, version: 4.0.23.21468 how can I fix it?

A bunch of people are reporting a crash when starting P3D v4.  There is a thread on this at the Prepar3D forums and their admins have chimed in but no solution yet, I have the same problem.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I just made a post over there. Same deal. Sheesh!  I shouldn't have crowed about my download speed.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

7 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I just made a post over there. Same deal. Sheesh!  I shouldn't have crowed about my download speed.

This is surely an down-notch in the excitement meter...sorry to read about this thread.... :(

And I'ma singin'

The Early Adopter Blues.

I almost pulled the trigger this morning but realized I won't have any time to install until this weekend. I truly appreciate all of the masochistic simmers that jump in on day-one and force developers to work out the kinks for the rest of us.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cubcake said:

crashes wihtout error but found this on the viewer ai_player.dll, version: 4.0.23.21468 how can I fix it?

Ai_Player.dll error is associated with AI.  So, if you tried to install an AI program, that could be it.  If you did not install another AI program, then make sure your AI settings are turned off and try again. 

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

A bunch of people are reporting a crash when starting P3D v4.

I got an error at startup too, something about the startup could not identify what version of P3Dv4 was installed.  Did a repair install and worked like a charm.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi, i have the same problem.. Been communicating with devs over the forum and it seems, the problem can be narrowed down:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=124708&p=158002#p158002

Clifton Crane suggested to unplug every USB device, I did it (only left the mouse on the pc) and now P3D starts, at least on my rig. Sure, that does not solve the underlaying issue, but maybe they find a fix.

8 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Ai_Player.dll error is associated with AI.  So, if you tried to install an AI program, that could be it.  If you did not install another AI program, then make sure your AI settings are turned off and try again. 

I got an error at startup too, something about the startup could not identify what version of P3Dv4 was installed.  Did a repair install and worked like a charm.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim - you did a repair of P3Dv4?

someone on the Prepar3D forums said removing all USB devices except the mouse got it to work and then I guess he plugged the USB stuff back in. I have not tried and I will not have time now. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Whats AI program I just tried to install orbx then removed it and how can i trun off ai settings

And yea I tried a reinstall didnt work and somehow it install my p3dv4 at progamfiles not on program files 86x

3 minutes ago, MarkW said:

you did a repair of P3Dv4?

Yes.  I think I had too many things I was doing while waiting for V4 to install.  Just click on the setup again and select Repair.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Narrowed it down on my machine to the following hardware: Razer Orbweaver. P3D won't start / crash, if it's plugged in. Another user has the same experience.

3 minutes ago, Cubcake said:

p3dv4 at progamfiles not on program files 86x

This is the new default location for P3DV4.  You have a 64 bit application now.  The Program Files 86X is for 32 Bit programs like V3.

Submit News to AVSIM

6 minutes ago, Cubcake said:

Whats AI program I just tried to install orbx then removed it and how can i trun off ai settings

Don't think Orbx stuff is compatible with V4 yet.  Orbx scenery contains AI, some static.  That would cause the issue.  AI is aircraft.  You turn it on or off in your AI settings.

Submit News to AVSIM