Sign in to follow this  
Cubcake

p3d v4 crash

Just now, Jazzfan said:

You can edit your Prepar3D.cfg file to turn off the AI.

Look for the section;

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=20
GADensity=13
FreewayDensity=20
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=20
LeisureBoatsDensity=20

Set the density to 0 for all of the types of traffic. You could also disable one type of traffic at a time to narrow down a potential culprit.

Also, if you may have a corrupt traffic file in the simulator, go to the Prepar3D/Scenery/World/scenery folder and rename any/all traffic files to hide them from the simulator. Ie; trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft_bgl.OFF.

Good luck

I dont have a traffic section

You should have an aircraft section, as it is a part of the default simulator cfg file. If you haven't already, I would try a clean reinstall. And make certain to run the installer as admin. (right click on the Setup_Prepar3D.exe and choose run as admin)

ps, do not install the sim into the default location. If you have a spare hrd drive, install it there. Anywhere other than the C:/program files folder.

Just now, Jazzfan said:

You should have an aircraft section, as it is a part of the default simulator cfg file. If you haven't already, I would try a clean reinstall. And make certain to run the installer as admin. (right click on the Setup_Prepar3D.exe and choose run as admin)

ps, do not install the sim into the default location. If you have a spare hrd drive, install it there. Anywhere other than the C:/program files folder.

I dont have a spare hrd drive unistall the game and then install or just repair?

2 minutes ago, Jazzfan said:

Why "anywhere other than the C:/program files folder" that would be my SSD drive and putting P3Dv4 on a different drive particularly a non SSD drive doesn't make sense to me?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

You can still create a separate folder on your C drive and install P3D there. Or edit the install path that the installer gives to something like C:/LM. The final install path would then look like C:LM/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4.

Just now, Jazzfan said:

You can still create a separate folder on your C drive and install P3D there. Or edit the install path that the installer gives to something like C:/LM. 

Ok i'm unistalling the game right now

You may be able to get away with running the repair option in the P3D installer.

Just now, Jazzfan said:

You may be able to get away with running the repair option in the P3D installer.

tried to repair 3 times didnt help

Crap! That is not fun. I am in the middle of a repair too. The default views in all of the aircraft are skewed to one side of the vc.

Since I do not have a hat switch on my yoke, it is rather tough to fly. Hoping a repair will fix the cameras cfg. and sort out the problem.

Just now, Jazzfan said:

Crap! That is not fun. I am in the middle of a repair too. The default views in all of the aircraft are skewed to one side of the vc.

Since I do not have a hat switch on my yoke, it is rather tough to fly. Hoping a repair will fix the cameras cfg. and sort out the problem.

If they wont fix it in the next few days i'll just ask for a refund tbh

That is an option. You have 60 days to decide, or, rather LM has 60 days to release a patch for it. I'm willing to bet it will not take them 60 days to fix. Especially, if there are a fair number of people having the same problem.

Just now, Jazzfan said:

That is an option. You have 60 days to decide, or, rather LM has 60 days to release a patch for it. I'm willing to bet it will not take them 60 days to fix. Especially, if there are a fair number of people having the same problem.

Yea lets hope they'll fix it fast I saw a few people complain about this prob at the p3d forum

Just now, Jazzfan said:

Reinstall didnt help same problem

Guys try to disable youre sound card throw device manager i disabled realtek hd and the sim works!!!

34 minutes ago, Cubcake said:

Guys try to disable youre sound card throw device manager i disabled realtek hd and the sim works!!!

Wow if you have to go through all that just to get it to work why not just wait till everything is sorted out...sometimes people are just...sometimes...

"guys guys you just have to disable the keyboard and the joystick to get it to work...and with no addons omg its smooth as silk"

4 months later these are the same people complaining that they installed addons and now the sim is not as sttutter free as it was...