Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

Would this be great for FSW

There`s an empty folder in FSW true sky if this is what`s coming it could be a game changer.

Ray Fry.

• Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Yep that would change things. Reading between the lines from there streams Dovetail have something planned they are excited for, thats for sure! We'll just have to wait and see what that is.

The video above is ok. Personally the video below I think has some better looking clouds, especially the scenes created towards the end of the vid.

I´m really hoping they can implement it on the Sim. Would be a really nice feature. 

Magnificent !

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Aimee has already addressed this. DTG is currently looking at revamping the clouds/weather. To do this, they are looking at Truesky as well as another (unnamed) product. 

• Upvote 1

On 31. 5. 2017 at 0:44 AM, dtrjones said:

The video above is ok. Personally the video below I think has some better looking clouds, especially the scenes created towards the end of the vid.

I do not care about clouds too much as I really wish that scenery will look like in that video :)

I hope this truesky thing will soon update in final version. if it does, than FSW is for VFR & IFR.

I can see truesky folder in FSW but the files are empty.

19 hours ago, Jiri Kocman said:

I do not care about clouds too much as I really wish that scenery will look like in that video :)

Understood, we all want better scenery. But that can be fixed by DLC right?

Clouds and weatther are something different. The underlining technology is very limiting to 3PD's in the current simulators.

Lockheed Martin and Laminar Research haven't made a great deal of progress in this area possibily partly because of the existing DLC content and partly because they have spent there efforts elsewhere. As a new platform this has created an opportunity for Dovetail to distinguish it's product from the opposition and while some might not value weather in a flight simulator, there is probably quite a few who do.

Plus better weather ties into Stephen Hood's thinking of 'being alive' during a flight. Probably worded that wrong but hopefully you know what I mean.

• Upvote 1

I think getting the basics right is a top priority weather engine atc environment and feel, admitted scenery is important but tends to be down to the user and the area intended to fly that's why users tend to go for high detailed airports and scenery in there chosen area, that were third party developers come in, what would happen if a sim released did not need third party support and had everything the user wanted what would be the future for developers then, they have a product to sell and they need a platform to sell it to.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Weathere can be solved by DLC but weather will impact overall appereance as it affects lighting.

On 5/30/2017 at 5:44 PM, dtrjones said:

Yep that would change things. Reading between the lines from there streams Dovetail have something planned they are excited for, thats for sure! We'll just have to wait and see what that is.

I had to stop watching the video at 30 seconds because I though of how much money it would cost to upgrade my system to run this at more that 10fps.:ohmy: