Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Hey, NICE supercomputer! And you say P3D V4 runs well? Wow!

9 hours ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

At least FSW looks a little different for the frame rate. P3D looks the same as FSX and performs worse. But I dont care, its the best we have until FSW progresses or X-Plane does something big. 

You are joking, aren't you? 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

No Bob, he's trolling as usual

• Upvote 1

i7-7700k @ 4.8Ghz, 32Gb DDR4 3200  cas14, GTX 980Ti, 50" Hisense 4k TV - running in 4k, managed to get 5mins in before an area wide power failure last night - was looking at between 50-80fps with default aircraft all options maxed apart from dynamic reflections and dynamic autogen.  (The gpu was running at 100% though so could be limiting things). The autogen speedtrees kill performance..but seem to come enabled by default.

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

12 hours ago, turner112 said:

Wow... slow unzip. This is like watching... a large file unzip.

You don't say. 😋

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

11 hours ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

At least FSW looks a little different for the frame rate. P3D looks the same as FSX and performs worse. But I dont care, its the best we have until FSW progresses or X-Plane does something big. 

I must admit, I kind of agree. Looking at the latest videos on V4 I am left extremely un-inspired. The textures have the same colourless, lifeless even, feel that FSX had/has. A texture upgrade wouldn't hurt. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rick Flair said:

I must admit, I kind of agree. Looking at the latest videos on V4 I am left extremely un-inspired. The textures have the same colourless, lifeless even, feel that FSX had/has. A texture upgrade wouldn't hurt. 

There's a reason FTX Global exists.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

8 hours ago, Glynn said:

No you two. An opposite opinion doesn't immediately make someone a "troll". Don't be so quick to use that phrase when others are critical of sims you want to praise, especially you Bob, who was rampant before FSW was even released.

With that said, I am a P3D user, have been for years, and will likely be for about the next year or so. But this is not what a flight sim revival looks like. It is the same thing it has been since 2.5 with the exception of cloud shadows, the water, and 64 bit. Yes we have some new GPU usage improvement (make no mistake the sim isnt faster, its just more hardware balanced).  But what else do we really have to show for the last 10 years of stagnation? I am not trolling, I am being honest about how I feel about spending $200 on this. 

6 hours ago, Rick Flair said:

Glad I am not the only one. At least DTG did something we havent seen before. And they did it in 64 bit first. LM is more open, so the devs flock to it, but it is not the sim we honestly "want" to look at. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

As someone who knows the consequences of bad medical advice, I think I will avoid taking legal counsel on the internet Karsten. The point is not the money, its the value and the appropriateness of the platform in todays market.  

Edited by vgbaron
removed quoted violation

Josh Daniels-Johannson

1 minute ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

The point is not the money, its the value and the appropriateness of the platform in todays market.  

To that I can only say that I agree and disagree with your points at the same time.

I agree because the base package of P3D hasn't improved considerably over the last decade. Compared to the newer iterations of for example XP it looks like ######.

I disagree because as a basic OS for a simming platform it is unrivaled. No other platform offers this much capability to be improved through add-ons. That is worth quite a lot to me.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Glynn said:

It's getting really old on this forum, that people keep yanking the world troll out at the drop of a hat. And troll apparently now means anyone who makes a statement somebody else disagrees with.

I feel like I'm watching the forum getting slowly herded towards severe groupthink on certain subjects.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

No other platform offers this much capability to be improved through add-ons. 

Some people think that's a negative because addons get quite expensive. It's understandable to want your sim to shine right out of the box.

But I agree with you and think it's a positive. I prefer an open market when it comes to sim features. Competition amongst 3rd party devs results in the consumer having a wide variety of quality options. Furthermore, LM can focus more on core code than superficial improvements.

I will be sticking with P3D for the foreseeable future. Onward!

What's the point of complaining about default textures when we ALL go out and buy replacement textures (ORBX Global or various regional texture packs)?  That's the whole point of a platform.  You're not limited by its out-of-box configuration.  

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I disagree because as a basic OS for a simming platform it is unrivaled. No other platform offers this much capability to be improved through add-ons. That is worth quite a lot to me.

Make no mistake, I dont disagree with that statement. It is indeed the most powerful. But think about that, we use really a fraction of the sims capability, because most  of its features are not designed for the kind of simming we need as entertainment users. However, we have created an ecosystem to exist well within that framework and have tolerated it for far too long. 

It was asked by some devs what we want to see in the future, and no one said 90% of what is in this changelog. Yet we see XP (which I do not own) enhancing the sim with modern tech like you see in AAA video games and FSW, like it or hate it, has a early access spec sheet that looks frankly gorgeous in the right conditions out of the box.

Meanwhile, all we got in P3D was 64 bit and a slighting intriguing light system. P3D is the best we have right now, as I said, I will continue to use it likely for about another year, then it will be on to the "next gen".

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Unless a miracle happens and DTG suddenly learns how to write games as well as Rockstar... FSW is never going to be the sim you think it is going to be.  Ever.

P.S.  - It's also not actually possible, but... hey... dream on! :biggrin:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69