Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

Do these methods work if you already have the TD installed in P3Dv3?  

If I have the TD installed, will the installer let me install again?  I just don't want to screw-up my P3Dv3 install.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi Aaron,

You don't need to reinstall. See my post above:

Regards,

Mike

If you are creating the add-on.xml don't forget about adding the "gauges" as a component as well.  I believe that the add-on method also exists with P3Dv3.4 too, so all you have to do is to install the Duke once, then have two add-on.xml one in each Prepared \add ons folder for both V3 and V4 to share the same Duke.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 6/5/2017 at 5:01 PM, warbirds said:

Has anyone figured out how to make the cockpit sounds in the Duke work?

Need to wait for the author of this gauge:

dsd_fsx_xml_sound  to work in P3Dv4

http://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Once he updates, the RealAir sound gauge will just be replaced and back to working again.  No idea when he will do that though.  The last publicly known info stated he was waiting for the SDK, which is now available.  May be the people who is close to him can update.

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

2 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Need to wait for the author of this gauge:

dsd_fsx_xml_sound  to work in P3Dv4

http://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Once he updates, the RealAir sound gauge will just be replaced and back to working again.  No idea when he will do that though.  The last publicly known info stated he was waiting for the SDK, which is now available.  May be the people who is close to him can update.

Thanks for the update Anau00,

The RA Duke is by far my favorite GA Aircraft and although it works great in P3D V4.... I am missing the full sounds.
Will be watching for more updates.

Cheers,
D-Man
Seattle Wa.

Thank you everyone.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

On 11/06/2017 at 4:44 PM, blackbird7 said:

The only thing I would recommend differently from your above post is to change the add-on name <AddOn.Name>RealAir</AddOn.Name> to <AddOn.Name>RealAir Turbine Duke V2</AddOn.Name>.  I actually ran into a problem where I was trying to add both the Legacy and Turbine Duke, and P3D v4 didn't like two add-ons with the same add-on name.

Yes, blackbird7 is correct! I was tripped up by that one :blush: I had assumed both the Legacy and TD were present, but in fact the TD had gone 'walkabout' from the Select Vehicle screen.. I have now changed the AddOn.Name entry for each a/c and all is now well. You will note that I have done the same for the A2A Cessna 172 in preparation for possible further A2A installs.

ZPWW932.jpg

Mike

4 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Yes, blackbird7 is correct! I was tripped up by that one :blush: I had assumed both the Legacy and TD were present, but in fact the TD had gone 'walkabout' from the Select Vehicle screen.. I have now changed the AddOn.Name entry for each a/c and all is now well. You will note that I have done the same for the A2A Cessna 172 in preparation for possible further A2A installs.

ZPWW932.jpg

Mike

Mike how did you get that Addon screen?  Does it only show up if you do all the xml editing shown in previous pages in this thread?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Mike how did you get that Addon screen?  Does it only show up if you do all the xml editing shown in previous pages in this thread?

See here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3643658

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hi Ryan,

I followed the steps as outlined in my post on page 4 of this thread:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3643385

Problems seem to arise when more than one add-on.xml file (each addon has its own unique add-on.xml) has the same AddOn.name, as can happen with 'RealAir' and you are trying to enable both the Turbine Duke and the Legacy.

Once a unique add-on.xml has been created you are invited to enable the addon during the next run of P3D4. I think that is when the entry and path appears in the Add-ons menu item window. What seemed strange was I had both entries added for the TD and Legacy under the title 'RealAir' yet only the Legacy appeared in the Select Vehicle screen. Giving each add-on.xml its unique AddOn.name entry resolved the issue.

I think it's all starting to make some sense although, I have to say, at first it can seem quite confusing. The good thing is that using this system has allowed P3D3 and P3D4 to share the same RealAir a/c installations. Presumably the same might apply to certain other addon installations, time will tell.

Regards,

Mike

Easiest way is just add both planes into one add-on.xml :)

I followed Mike's instructions for the Legacy, but the plane isn't showing up in P3D v4. What you be the problem?

Regards              Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

Hi Arndt,

Did you see my supplemental posts on this subject?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3646279

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3646673

Creating unique AddOn.name entries for each RealAir product fixed it for me.

If that doesn't work, it might be helpful if you posted the content of the relevant add-on.xml file/s.

Regards,

Mike

On 12.6.2017 at 4:41 PM, D-man said:

I am missing the full sounds.

As an interim solution, you could also just copy over the relevant sound files from the default P3DV4 beechcraft or baron (i.e. flaps, gear up/down) and copy/overwrite the entries from the beechcraft/baron sound.cfg to the sound.cfg in the sound folder of the Duke or Legacy. It works. Just make a backup of the Realair sound folder (or at least its sound.cfg) to maintain the original state. The Realair switches will not make a sound (this will come from my hardware or mouse clicks :-)), but at least the gear and flap sounds will be there.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Has anyone else noticed that the cabin lights of the Duke in P3d V4 do not illuminate anything? The lights turn on and off with the switch though. The light dimmer rotaries don't  work for me either. Maybe a reinstall is needed.