Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

9 minutes ago, ddawson said:

Probably in the aircraft's panel folder.  If you can provide a little information I can help you with this.

Have a look at the panel.cfg file and let me know what the entry for the old sound gauge is.  Also, I  will need to know where the .ini file resides (again, probably in the panel folder.)

Sorry, I don't have any of these products myself, so I can't give you a definitive answer without knowing how the gauge was originally installed and configured.

Doug

In the panel.cfg it has these two lines:

gauge21=RASDukeTv2_Sound!Sound, 1,1,2,2, \Sound\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini
gauge22=RASDuke!Sound_Manager, 1,1,3,3

There is also a gauge file in the panel folder called "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau". No dll files.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Ooops I was thinking the legacy when I noticed this is about the Duke.

Does anyone have the Legacy v2 and know where to place the new gauge and what to rename it to?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

21 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

In the panel.cfg it has these two lines:

gauge21=RASDukeTv2_Sound!Sound, 1,1,2,2, \Sound\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini
gauge22=RASDuke!Sound_Manager, 1,1,3,3

There is also a gauge file in the panel folder called "RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau". No dll files.

OK,

Put the gauge in the aircraft's panel folder.

Change the panel.cfg entry to read:

gauge21=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 1,1,2,2, \Sound\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini

Yes, you can rename the gauge and not change the panel.cfg entry.  I don't like that approach only because I am concerned that the gauge will find its way into a 32 bit version of the sim where it will be distinctly inoperative.

19 minutes ago, BusheFlyer said:

The file name to replace is: RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau

The panel.cfg shows:

gauge21=RASDukeTv2_Sound!Sound, 1,1,2,2,./SimObjects/Airplanes/RealAir Duke Turbine V2/Panel/Sound/RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini

Many thanks for this Doug. May I also ask, I and I suspect many others use the now unsupported Baytower Vans RV7 which I believe also includes some of your work: btsENG.dll which according to the details was originally named: dsd_wastegate_control.dll with your name as the signer and author. 

Do you have any plans to update that dll also to X64 at all?

Warm regards

See my other post regarding installing the sound gauge.  Your entry in panel.cfg is a little more specific, but works out to the same thing.

Haven't looked at that wastegate control gauge in years...

I suspect it can be converted to 64 bit.  I'll have to check.

(posted same time as Doug's solution which of course will also work!)

@carlo

Rename your RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau file as RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau.org (just in case!)

Drop Doug's DLL into same folder

Rename that DLL as RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau

Note: make sure you have show file extension enabled

I copied the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll into P3Dv4 /gauges and renamed it to RASDuke_Sound.gau (replace the old one which was 32 bit anyway). Works like a charm. Nothing else to do except the ","->"." change in aircraft.cfg, which has been descibed in one of the posts above.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

23 minutes ago, ddawson said:

See my other post regarding installing the sound gauge.  Your entry in panel.cfg is a little more specific, but works out to the same thing.

Haven't looked at that wastegate control gauge in years...

I suspect it can be converted to 64 bit.  I'll have to check.

That would be great! Many thanks for looking at it.

1 hour ago, ddawson said:

OK,

Put the gauge in the aircraft's panel folder.

Change the panel.cfg entry to read:

gauge21=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 1,1,2,2, \Sound\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini

Yes, you can rename the gauge and not change the panel.cfg entry.  I don't like that approach only because I am concerned that the gauge will find its way into a 32 bit version of the sim where it will be distinctly inoperative.

Thanks, Doug! Works like a charm!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Very happy to have this and the standard Duke B60 v2 installed and running extremely well, thanks to this thread!

This works so well, I thought I'd see if I could get the Milviz B55/E55 to work, and yep, they do!  Just took a bit of identifying and fixing the E55 panel & sound cfg aliasing.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

I must be doing something wrong.... how to get it working for the Legacy v2?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Howdy, I've already posted this at ORBX in a discussion thread concerning Mr. Dawson's act of insane kindness.  I'm hoping for a similar act helping me find a solution.  TIA, -Braun

Ok, quick question for those, like me, with both the RealAir Legacy and the TD.

First time I migrated (day 1 P3dv4) I took the cheap and easy way out.  I simply pointed the installers to P3dv4 folder.  It worked, but...I kept getting "Duplicate objects" error messages when starting up whichever sim it was installed 

last in (v3 or v4)

After a while it became clear to me. Install my P3d v3 instance in the P3d v4 addon aircraft folder.   V3 saw it installed in just a different folder and v4 didn't care because any thing installed in the addon folder gets ingested automatically.  That worked great AND gave the added benefit of making the RealAir config tool work for both sims.  So far so good, but remember now I have a singular instance of each of the RealAirs working correctly in both sims, albeit without flaps/gear sound in P3dv4.  Now today I find out the sound gauge is released for 64 bit.  Pleased I am and have been looking forward to going home and installing the new gauge, but a problem has arisen. If I install 64 bit gauge in my singular installs, then I flip from no sound in v4 to no sound in v3, or worse...it probably won't load in v3

anyone figured this one out yet?  I thought about building a couple of batch files to chose the proper gauge, depending on which sim 32bit / 64 bit I want to fly, but in today's world that seems kludgey and so twentieth century LOL.  Any better ideas?

thanks in advance,

-Braun

I have a solution.  I will wait 24 hours to see if anyone wants to offer their POV, and then I'll share mine.  Be forewarned. It's a little 20th Century in approach :-)

-Braun

The RealAir Turbine Duke installer would have installed the aircraft to its own folder, outside of P3d V3, so the first post in this thread explains how to get the aircraft working in P3d V4 with the new add-on.xml method. To make the TD sound gauge work in both V3 and V4 simultaneously, follow Doug Dawson's suggestion but do not edit the entry for gauge21, but rather add Doug's gauge as gauge25. The two versions of P3d will both ignore the wrong versions of the gauge and only use the correct version. I just checked this and it worked for me. Report back if you notice a problem.

Wow, thank you.  I read Dougs instructions to not change gauge name but to edit Panel.cfg. My solution was to make a copy of line 21, R.E.M. out the original and edit the copy with the new gauge name.  I would then make two copies of panel.cfg, one named panel.32 and the other panel.64.  Finally copy the version you want to fly, .32 or .64 to panel.cfg. 

Your solution positively rocks and makes mine look positively Luddite.

thanks again

Doug,

Thanks for updating your gauge to 64 bits. The community was worried when RealAir closed up shop and you've managed to keep this beautiful aircraft alive for the foreseeable  future.

Jay