Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

Good afternoon, with the output, update, of GTN 750/650 in my configuration tool does not appear the GPS GTN, I be installing in Prepar3D V3 if it does, but I have not installed Prepar3D v3, is there any way to get such a GPS GTN 750 in confing tools.
Thank you

• Upvote 1

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yeEIP.gif

Check the "GTN is released" thread here..

Bert

Hi, Bert
I have already looked at all the thread, but I do not have version 3 already installed, I only have version 4 and GTN 750 does not appear in the Turbine Duke V2 configuration tool.
Is there any way to get it?
Greetings.

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

yeEIP.gif

For those who have only version 4 installed and do not see the GTN 750 in the configuration tool, I found the solution from the hand of an old acquaintance: Migrations Tools of Estonia
I install the planes and no longer gives xml error and copied the directories, then replicate in add-on.xml installation
Greetings.

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

yeEIP.gif

9 minutes ago, Quasar07 said:

For those who have only version 4 installed and do not see the GTN 750 in the configuration tool, I found the solution from the hand of an old acquaintance: Migrations Tools of Estonia
I install the planes and no longer gives xml error and copied the directories, then replicate in add-on.xml installation
Greetings.

Sorry but what does that even mean? 

Install the planes?  Copied directories....from where to where?

I have the FSX version installed into P3D v4.  I don't own the P3D v2/3 version of the Turbine Duke.  I see XML errors when I try to apply anything in the configurator.  Does anyone have a solution for my scenario to get the GTN 750 to work?

Thomas Derbyshire

Install the planes en P3DV4 normal with Estonia and copy directories from SimObjects to you add-on.xml installation.

Then delete the simobjects directories from your realair aircraft and run your add-on.xml installation

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

yeEIP.gif

But question is not how instal RealAir aircraft but config tool for that plane do not show GTN for use in virtual cockpit.

In v3 I had few liveries without GTN and some with GTN, so I have panel.default and panel.gtn folders where I had keep configuration for GTN, so it works now in v4, but do not have same files for Legacy :(

I solve it for Legacy v2:

in aircraft CFG:

replaced window01:

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
window_pos=0.660, 0.000
window_size=0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP

and later in file replace default gps - gauge19

gauge19=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 2,563,390,460,UNIT1
gauge20=F1GTN!GTN650VC, 399,562,391,177,UNIT2

and renumber rest gauges

In config/radiolayout.xml

there is section starting with  (* Left Radios *) I replaced everything before }
                10 (>L:rasAudio_X,number)
                0 (>L:rasAudio_Y,number)
                10 (>L:rasGtn750_1_X,number)
                10.6 (>L:rasGtn750_1_Y,number)
                10 (>L:rasGtn650_2_X,number)
                65.7 (>L:rasGtn650_2_Y,number)
                10 (>L:rasAp_X,number)
                90.9 (>L:rasAp_Y,number)
                (* Right Radios *)
                20 (>L:rasAdf_X,number)
                0 (>L:rasAdf_Y,number)
                20 (>L:rasNavCom2_X,number)
                11.2 (>L:rasNavCom2_Y,number)
                20 (>L:rasNavGps_X,number)
                34.6 (>L:rasNavGps_Y,number)
                1 (>G:Var1)

It is not 100% percent... there is popup clickspots missing and do not include popup for unit2, anyway it is easy, just play while with cfg files if your control do not recognize installed gtn.

00033235.jpg

It really does not take so much to put the GTN750 / 650 GPS in this video looks like doing it very easily
Greetings.

• Upvote 1

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

yeEIP.gif

16 hours ago, Quasar07 said:

It really does not take so much to put the GTN750 / 650 GPS in this video looks like doing it very easily
Greetings.

But in your case plane configurator offers GTN in combo boxes, but for me, it does not show up.

1 hour ago, Jiri Kocman said:

But in your case plane configurator offers GTN in combo boxes, but for me, it does not show up.

Then perhaps you did not watch the whole video, for if you had you would know what to do. Edit 6 (yes six) characters in an .ini file to make the combo boxes appear.

Truly an elegant solution to a seemingly insurmountable problem.  Worked great for me.  Thank you video author. You have helped to make my flight sim world 64bit perfect.

-Braun

1) Right click the icon on your desktop for config tool , pick open file location

2) Go into the Autoplay\Files folder and open the config.ini

3) change the 2 GPS entries:

gps1.type=750
gps2.type=650

to whatever you want(650 0r 750) and save the file\

works with the T duke or Lancair

It's not a full fix though as once you try to select a diff GPS then it will disappear again from the config tool.

We need to locate what the config tool is using to determine if the GTN's are installed.

I suspect it is looking for the GTN gauge in the P3DV3\gauges folder and that's why those who have V3 and V4 installed have it working and those who only have V4 installed don't see it. It also explains why it works if you use the migration tool.

SInce there are no registry entries for V3 it won't find it even if you try to make the folders manually.

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

It's not a full fix though as once you try to select a diff GPS then it will disappear again from the config tool.

We need to locate what the config tool is using to determine if the GTN's are installed.

I suspect it is looking for the GTN gauge in the P3DV3\gauges folder and that's why those who have V3 and V4 installed have it working and those who only have V4 installed don't see it. It also explains why it works if you use the migration tool.

SInce there are no registry entries for V3 it won't find it even if you try to make the folders manually.

I agree completely with your assessment Slayer.  We have no fix. We have a workaround.  Workarounds are ok, even permanent ones if needed.  Fixes are excellent.

Having a workaround is much better than not having one.  But like you, I would value a fix the most.

-Braun

Or you can just simply point the install to your P3D v4 root folder instead.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have RealAir Lancair Legacy (not the newer version 2) built for FSX. Is it possible to use that airplane on Prepar3D v4? I am asking because when following the guides described in link below. However I still do not get / hear sounds from gear, flaps etc. Despite to that the airplane flies fine on P3Dv4.