Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

The technique proposed by Jiri Kocman gives a very good result for Legacy lancair. Slight minor imperfections. Really small.
Congratulations!
It was impossible for me to work with realAir config-panel and the Duke turbine because...

4ZY0l.jpg

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Now, do you have perhaps the same process for the Duke Turbine V2 ? ....

My new fantastic and wonderfull Legacy :rolleyes:

o93eJ.jpg

I got the legacy and the turbine duke into the v4 with all sounds. Everything works fine but the gtn750 doesn't show up in the duke. Only in the legacy. I also changed the config file like i did with the legacy. But this config files doesn't change anything. Cold and Dark also doesn't work if i change the part in the config file.

edit: found the failure. No everything works!

2 hours ago, Lling said:

I got the legacy and the turbine duke into the v4 with all sounds. Everything works fine but the gtn750 doesn't show up in the duke. Only in the legacy. I also changed the config file like i did with the legacy. But this config files doesn't change anything. Cold and Dark also doesn't work if i change the part in the config file.

edit: found the failure. No everything works!

Don't you dare state the problem you fixed, that would be shameful to do so, (lol) 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

:D it was simply the wrong version. I tried the config panel for v2 and not for v3. :D

I must be doing something wrong ;)  yesterday I just used the normal RealAir installer for the Duke Turbo v2, pointed it to the P3d v4 directory, then started the sim and flew around KSAN with no problems.

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I have posted my solution for adding the GTN 750 and GTN 650 to the RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in P3D v4.

It's available for download at the Flight1 File Library System:

GTN 750/650 P3DV4 RealAir Turbine Duke V2

It works flawlessly with a clean installation of the T Duke into P3D V4, and does not require migration from P3D V3.

As for the RealAir Legacy V2, you can set up the GTN 750 and 650 in P3D V4 with it Legacy Configurator if you follow these steps:

1. Configure the GTN 750 (unit 1) and GTN 650 (unit 1) gauges for the Legacy with the F1GTNConfigP3D provided with the Flight1 GTN  gauges.
  2. Copy the F1GTN.ini file in the Legacy aircraft folder (...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Legacy V2) to the  Legacy configurator folder found in (...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\RealAir\legacyv2p3d\AutoPlay\Files).
  3. In the Legacy configurator folder above, open the Config.ini with notepad and make the following changes the following lines in the [Radios] section:

gps1.type=750 (default = 500)

gps2.type=650 (default = nogps)

Now you can use the Legacy V2 Configurator P3Dv3 to add the gauges and remove old radios if you wish.

Regards,

Jorge

• Upvote 4

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Thanks! Jorge.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

12 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

As a fix to the missing cockpit sounds in the Duke Turbine v2, I was directed to Douglass Dawson's recently released file: dsd_fsx_xml_sound_v5.2.5.  Has anyone compiled simple instructions on utilizing this tool for this specific purpose?  

There should be a readme file included in the download explaining things.
It's just a matter of re-naming one file and copying it over.

"rename the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll gauge to
RASduke_Sound.dll and put it in the P3D gauges folder.
Delete the RASduke_Sound.gau in the P3D gauges folder."

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Exit FSX.

I installed the duke turbine with P3Dv4.

I can open Duke turbine V2 Config , but can not save the changes.

How to fix ?

KEkym.jpg

14 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

...rename the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll to RASDukeTv2_Sound.dll, then delete the existing RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau file.

That will work but Doug suggested it be done the other way around.  His concern is that if folks start renaming his 64bit sound file to work in (whatever) airplane, then others might think the renamed file is the 32bit file that originally came with the airplane.  Mixing those 64bit and 32bit files could become problematical.  Makes sense to change the panel.cfg instead of renaming his 64bit file. 

In the TDukeV2 panel config make this change to "gauge21" of the VCockpit01 section:

gauge21=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 1,1,2,2, \Sound\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini

Then drop Doug's 64bit sound file into the airplane's Panel folder.

Cheers,

Greg

"Wing Ice" don't work. They don't illuminate wings at night. Adding wing lights in aircraft.cfg just make one signle point on each wing when wing ice lights are on. Cabin light turns on but do not illuminate anything. And the last thing, landing lights aren't dynamic. They illuminate the ground but not the simobjects or bulidings. Is there anyway to fix these problems? Regards.

A bit of extra life has been breathed into a copse. Don't expect it to get up and do a song and dance routine too.  :rolleyes:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

30 minutes ago, lejajo said:

"Wing Ice" don't work. They don't illuminate wings at night. Adding wing lights in aircraft.cfg just make one signle point on each wing when wing ice lights are on. Cabin light turns on but do not illuminate anything. And the last thing, landing lights aren't dynamic. They illuminate the ground but not the simobjects or bulidings. Is there anyway to fix these problems? Regards.

Did a quick test.
Landing lights look good to me.

https://imgur.com/a/STK1H

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The P3d4 effects editor tool can be used to create better light effects. The wing and panel light switches were never functional but can be activated by editing the aircraft.cfg file. I'm away from my flight sim PC for another week or so, but I can post instructions on how to fix the above problems when I return, if anyone is interested.