Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The P3d4 effects editor tool can be used to create better light effects. The wing and panel light switches were never functional but can be activated by editing the aircraft.cfg file. I'm away from my flight sim PC for another week or so, but I can post instructions on how to fix the above problems when I return, if anyone is interested.

VC Panel lights are ok.

Cabin lights only show generator  (load) drop and wing inspection not working.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Cabin lights ...correct. The switch turns the light on but the light effect doesn't illuminate the cabin. 

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The P3d4 effects editor tool can be used to create better light effects. The wing and panel light switches were never functional but can be activated by editing the aircraft.cfg file. I'm away from my flight sim PC for another week or so, but I can post instructions on how to fix the above problems when I return, if anyone is interested.

I'm interested...Thank you.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

I'm interested...Thank you.

Regards,

Count me in as well, please. Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm also intrested on how to do that.

With not fully dynamic landing lights on Duke I meant that: https://ibb.co/dPyUpF

And here's how it looks like in stock Mooney Bravo without any lights: https://ibb.co/mL3Jia

And here with dynamic landing lights illuminating the objects: https://ibb.co/bN4fwv

In the mean time, try experimenting with the Visual FX Tool:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/modeling/special_effects/special_effects_overview.html#How to Place Effects in Prepar3D

Install the tool and start P3d4 with a nighttime scenario. Make sure that you are near a wall or a building. Run the tool and experiment with various light types and effects.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

In the mean time, try experimenting with the Visual FX Tool:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/modeling/special_effects/special_effects_overview.html#How to Place Effects in Prepar3D

Install the tool and start P3d4 with a nighttime scenario. Make sure that you are near a wall or a building. Run the tool and experiment with various light types and effects.

Thx, will try it for sure tomorrow! Regards!

Can't get it, how to use that tool. Read the tutorial but it;s not describing what to do exactly :P

The light tools is for developers so it does take some practice to learn it. fx files are coded in plain text as described on that SDK webpage that I linked above. The LM tool allows one to view how a light fx file appears to the user in P3d.

Open an existing light fx file in the tool from the sim's .../Effects subfolder. A blinking green nav light would be a good example. The xyz settings in the tool's UI allows one to move the location of effect because if one places the effect at 0,0,0 in the tool, it might not be visible unless it is a type spotlight.

Yeah, placing a light in that tool isn't problematic. I don't know how to make it illuminate other objects. All of the lights are dimm, and I need a strong light source (landing lights). It should also illuminate the terrain in front of it, not under it.

How do I make it start in Cold and Dark? If I set coldanddark to 1 inside config it doesn't work.

EDIT: NVM I found it.

EDIT EDIT: I can't fly this plane. One of the engines will die before I take off. 

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

On 9/4/2017 at 4:48 PM, lejajo said:

Thx, will try it for sure tomorrow! Regards!

First, edit the Turbine Duke's aircraft.cfg files so these four lines in the [LIGHTS] section looks like this:

[LIGHTS]
light.1 = 9,  -8.50,   0.00,  1.70,   fs_Duke_Mod_VCLight   //RASDukeTv2_VcLight 
light.2 = 9,  -12.50,  0.00,  1.70,   fs_Duke_Mod_VCLight
light.3 = 7,  -6.20, -13.20,  1.03,   fs_Duke_Mod_VCLight    //de-icing boots left wing -- set to recog light to match light coding.
light.4 = 7, -6.20,   13.20,  1.03,   fs_Duke_Mod_VCLight     //de-icing boots right wing -- set to recog light to match light coding.RASDukeTv2_Wing

Make sure that you first save a backup copy of aircraft.cfg. Next download this FX file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zo6y63crkqtl77/fs_Duke_Mod_VCLight.fx?dl=0

and place it in the folder:

...\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\Effects

Now run P3d4 with the TD with a scenario at night. If everything works okay you're done. Else, open the P3d Visual Effects Tool, load the FX file that you downloaded and edit it until you get the light effect to your liking. Keep in mind that the light effect's (x,y,z) coordinates only impact the display in the Visual Effects Tool. Those numbers then need to be transferred to the equivalent coordinates in each light.x statement in aircraft.cfg.

I might have forgotten something else, but that should be enough to get you started.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maestaru said:

@jabloomf1230 

Your mod worked perfectly.  Easy to do, with some nice improvements.  Thanks a lot.  

M

You're welcome. If the light is too focused and/or bright, you can edit it with the tool.

I can't say that I've seen any wing ice yet.:biggrin:

I installed the TD by pointing it to the P3Dv4 folder. The plane loads fine but I can't start the right engine while the left one starts fine. I went into the config end I disabled the engine failures and cold and dark panel state. The plane loads fine with engines running but soon afterwards ( around a minute ) the right engine will die ( sometimes it's the left one ). I also used the sound.dll that fixes the sound problems. Does anyone know why I have this weird engine problem with the TD?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Hi Vic,

Many thanks for kindly providing the VC Lighting mod. However, it seems I have not been so lucky. When I press 'L' the cockpit lights up in two quick stages, the second being overbright:

FqxlJ33.jpg

Do I need to use the P3d Visual Effects Tool and if so how and what should I be changing...or is it self-explanatory when I install and use the tool?

I use HDR and things can be improved somewhat by reducing the Brightness value of 0.74 (normally perfect with Adam's latest Preset) to 0.10. Unfortunately, everything else becomes far too dark.

Not sure why I seem to be the odd man out with this one :(

I'd appreciate a little help, please.

Regards,

Mike