Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Very poor performance in V4

My system: Intel 4790 @ 4.9ghz, 16gb DDR3, (2) 1080 GTX's. A robust computer. Windows 7 64 Professional. All drivers, updates, activex libraries, etc up to date. 

New to Prepar3d, just purchased and installed V4 to a custom, user-defined location on my c-drive. 

Above average, however not maxed out settings, I can not get the sim any higher that 13-22 FPS. Tried disabling second video card, frames went to single digits. I even moved all sliders to the left and was shocked to see frames did not budge. I'm reading post by people with similar or less powerful computers excited about the amazing performance and solid 60 FPS. Can someone please help me figure this out? BTW I have FSX Acelleration maxed out at a solid 30FPS in hi-fidelity aircraft, weather, and terrain. 

Turn off SLI - single card mode mate

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Default scenery or paid scenery? I know one ported airport at night only gives up to 11 FPS. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Straight after the install with default setting with the default flight I was looking a around 250fps.

Now I yanked it all that way up to see how it did in and around CYVR with the sun low in the sky at dawn and was delighted to see over 30fps most of time and it was using nearly 6GB of DRAM too so way beyond OOM territory. Granted with no addons but I an well pleased.

Try it with the default flight and default setting and let us know what your FPS is. It should be in the same ball park as mine, around 250

So far my performance pretty much seems to stomp all the videos I have seen into the dirt. It's still pretty much FSX, but I must admit it's an improved FSX.

If you have so many addons and things that you just absolutely would never leave FSX, you could do worse than tread water with this for a few more years.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, Avidean said:

Straight after the install with default setting with the default flight I was looking a around 250fps.

Now I yanked it all that way up to see how it did in and around CYVR with the sun low in the sky at dawn and was delighted to see over 30fps most of time and it was using nearly 6GB of DRAM too so way beyond OOM territory. Granted with no addons but I an well pleased.

Try it with the default flight and default setting and let us know what your FPS is. It should be in the same ball park as mine, around 250

My monitors refresh rate is 60 HZ. Default settings had me at about 18 FPS default flight.

18 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

Default scenery or paid scenery? I know one ported airport at night only gives up to 11 FPS. 

Let me just reconfirm that 250 FPS I'll get back to you in a bit

22 minutes ago, DJSean said:

Turn off SLI - single card mode mate

Did so, with a loss of about 8 more FPS. Prepar3d uses sli

Did you enable Speed Tree?
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I'm not too impressed with the performance with default everything in v4.  I can't imagine what a hit my system will take when those all roll out.  Maybe I need to roll back my drivers or play with the settings or something, but really, I was happier in v3.4.

John

OK with the default scenario and default graphics setting including all ai traffic at zero in the external view I am looking at about 120fps on the ground and 220fps flying straight up at the sky and somewhere in between looking at anything else. With your system you should be seeing at least that

1 minute ago, Avidean said:

OK with the default scenario and default graphics setting including all ai traffic at zero in the external view I am looking at about 120fps on the ground and 220fps flying straight up at the sky and somewhere in between looking at anything else. With your system you should be seeing at least that

I'm luck with 25fps