Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

FSDT Updated! And KCLT!

Hi Folks,

KCLT ? Wow - great - now if DA will get that CRJ out the door in US Air colors - I'll be all set...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I ran the install and it gave me option for both v3 and v4. I uncheked v3 and installed for v4. It asked me for directory ... I gave a folder within P3dv4 which I should't have.

You can Undo your initial choice, by Uninstalling the FSDT products you installed, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Add-on Manager?" which will be made at the end. This will clear your initial choice, allowing to reinstall and select a new destination folder, which is suggest to be something *outside* the sim, with plenty of disk space.

The installation is not really different than it used to be: all FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries, and GSX, will still have to be together, it's just that before, you didn't had ANY choice, and they would always end up somewhere inside the main sim folder. Now, you are given a choice, so you can install them everywhere you like, but you can choose only once: subsequent installations will all go in the same place you chose in the first install so, the will still be all together, just that now you are free to choose *where*

Note that, if some of the FSDT sceneries you already had installed using the "old" method, has been "migrated" by the new installer, they will work, but their Uninstaller won't, because Uninstallers are created at install time, so the proper and safer way to Uninstall something that has been migrated to the new system without having been originally installed with it, is to do as follows:

Let's assume you installed FSDT KCLT, and this migrated FSDT KLAS and FSDT KLAX automatically. To remove them, remove the following folders:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Prepar3d v3 add-ons\Fsdreamteam KLAS

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Prepar3d v3 add-ons\Fsdreamteam KLAX

Then remove the folder where you originally chosen "by mistake", perhaps this one:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\fsdreamteam

At the next startup of the sim, the auto-discover system will detect you removed the subfolders in the Documents folder, so it will automatically clean up the affected file (which is found in %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\ADD-ONS.CFG

This way, if you did the "Do you want to remove the Add-on Manager?" step, you can re-install and being again offered a choice for a location. It can be anywhere and, whatever you choose there, it will install into an Add-on Manager subfolder so, assuming you have a D:\ drive with lots of free space, and you choose D:\ here, everything from FSDT, from now, will go into D:\Addon Manager.

11 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You can Undo your initial choice, by Uninstalling the FSDT products you installed, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Add-on Manager?" which will be made at the end. This will clear your initial choice, allowing to reinstall and select a new destination folder, which is suggest to be something *outside* the sim, with plenty of disk space.

This worked perfectly. Thanks Umberto. And let me take the opportunity to take my hat off to you and the entire FSDT team for the extraordinary work in getting all these products updated for v4.

Walter Meier

For those running v3 and v4 side by side, will the v4 updater mess up the current installations in v3? 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

For those running v3 and v4 side by side, will the v4 updater mess up the current installations in v3? 

I am having an issue where my FSDT disappeared from V3 and now I am manually adding them to the scenery library. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

14 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

I am having an issue where my FSDT disappeared from V3 and now I am manually adding them to the scenery library. 

Please don't do this.

If you had an issue during the migration, it's likely because your existing scenery.cfg already had an issue (the whole point of why we are moving to this new system, is precisely to fix these issues once and forever, for the future), so it's best if you just run the updated installers, which will add the scenery in the proper way.

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

Please don't do this.

If you had an issue during the migration, it's likely because your existing scenery.cfg already had an issue (the whole point of why we are moving to this new system, is precisely to fix these issues once and forever, for the future), so it's best if you just run the updated installers, which will add the scenery in the proper way.

Did that twice and my scenery is not being added to the P3D scenery file. The only way I can get my scenery working is if I add it manually. Any other thoughts that I can try?

Signature.png

32 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

The new installers were designed *specifically* for those wanting to keep several sims installed at the same time, because what they do, is to consolidate multiple copies of multiple installation of the same FSDT/Flightbeam sceneries in multiple sim, to a SINGLE folder, saving lots of hard drive space in the process, configuring all installed sims to point to the new shared folder, and (in P3D V3.3+ and V4), move them to the new installation system, not using the scenery.cfg anymore.

Any problem that might happen, it will surely caused by a pre-existing problem with the scenery.cfg, which might have prevented the migration to complete correctly so, the correct solution in this case, would be downloading and installing all the updated installers. The migration it's just a convenience option trying to save you lots of time and effort, without requiring to uninstall everything, redownload everything and reinstall everything but if it doesn't work, you can always try the long way.

10 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Did that twice and my scenery is not being added to the P3D scenery file. The only way I can get my scenery working is if I add it manually. Any other thoughts that I can try?

I believe you are being confused because you are maybe expecting to see the scenery being added to the scenery.cfg ?

But it will not, and this is entirely correct, proper and how it's supposed to be.

The scenery.cfg won't be used anymore, by add-ons supporting what is the officially suggested installation method, starting with P3D 3.3. They WILL appear in the Scenery Library inside the sim, but you'll see them as greyed out, indicating they are active, but not part of the scenery.cfg.

They are added with an add-on.xml file located in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder and if you remove it, the sim will automatically deactivate the at the next start.

This is a new feature called "auto-discovery", which works both ways:

If you Add a folder containing an add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder, the sim will ASK you to activate it on the next start, if it wasn't already active.

If you REMOVE a folder containing an add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder, the sim will remove it automatically from the Scenery Library.

Note that, this will remove just the activation of the scenery from the sim, but won't remove any *actual* files used by the product, which will have to be removed manually. 

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

I am installing now and I see the installer gives you the option of moving the Addon Scenery folder.  I moved mine to my P3D v4 install location but have no clue if that is a good or bad thing to do.  Anyone know?

As far as I understand from reading all posts from Virtuali, is that the new GSX or KCLT installers give you the option to move all the existing FSDT (and Flightbeam) products (in case you currently have P3Dv3.x installed, or FSX, etc.) to a new location that you'll specify during the installation (of GSX or KCLT), like a migration process, to avoid the writing of the same data on your disks again, saving a lot of disk space. At that point you'll select the new FSDT (or FB) products location to any of your drives, and each of them will appear as (suppose you've choosen D:\, as D:\Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\Name_Of_FSDT_Product, or Flightbeam, if you have those too).

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

6 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I believe you are now confused because you are expecting to see the scenery being added to the scenery.cfg. It will NOT, and this is entirely correct, proper and how it's supposed to be.

The scenery.cfg won't be used anymore, by addons that are using what is the officially suggested installation method, starting with P3D 3.3. They WILL appear in the Scenery Library inside the sim, but you'll see them as greyed out, indicating they are active, but not part of the scenery.cfg.

They are added with an add-on.xml file located in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder and if you remove it, the sim will automatically deactivate the at the next start.

If you Add a folder containing an add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder, the sim will ASK you to activate it on the next start, if it wasn't already active.

If you REMOVE a folder containing an add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder, the sim will remove it automatically from the Scenery Library.

Note that, this will remove just the activation of the scenery from the sim, but won't remove any *actual* files used by the product, which will have to be removed manually. 

Yes I downloaded them last night after the announcement,  Then P3DV4 was not showing me any scenery after it had migrated when I installed GSX I launched and neither v4 or v3 had my scenery. Then I attempted to installing all one by one and now V4 has the scenery added to the library but not V3

So I installed them one by one and V4 has my scenery now but V3 has no scenery, Unless I add them manually. 

Signature.png

Looks like JFK V1 hasn't been updated wit the new installer

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

1 minute ago, Mr_LoL said:

Looks like JFK V1 hasn't been updated wit the new installer

That one has not been compatible with P3D for a while I think. But I am trying V2. 

Signature.png

21 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I believe you are being confused because you are maybe expecting to see the scenery being added to the scenery.cfg ?

But it will not, and this is entirely correct, proper and how it's supposed to be.

The scenery.cfg won't be used anymore, by add-ons supporting what is the officially suggested installation method, starting with P3D 3.3. They WILL appear in the Scenery Library inside the sim, but you'll see them as greyed out, indicating they are active, but not part of the scenery.cfg.

Ok I understand that part but if its not in my scenery CFG and I am loading in KJFK I should get FSDT JFK right? What I am getting is default JFK after installing all my sceneries one by one and  making sure all of my sims where selected when prompted in each scenery exe file.  

Signature.png

15 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

FSDT has updated their product line and have released Charollote! 

Fsdreamteam is happy to announce the release of many new important updates:

- The release of the new Charlotte Douglas KCLT airport, for FSX/P3D, already optimized for Prepar3D V4!

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_kclt.html

- A new major update to GSX, featuring a much improved scenery editor, full 64 bit compatibility and ton of bugfixes

- A free update to Las Vegas airport scenery, featuring the new Terminal 3 and Control Tower, and SODE jetways

- Updated Installers for all FSDT products to work in Prepar3D V4

- An entirely new Live Update system, which can update all products automatically in one go, over fast AWS servers

- A big SALE on all products, to celebrate our entering in the 64 bit era:

A 50% Discount on every FSDT product, if you buy it together with KCLT, and a 30% Discount on all products (except KCLT), not linked to the purchase of KCLT. See our forum for information about the sale

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15613.msg112404.html#msg112404

Looks like the FSDT forum site is down. Also, If you have a dummy run of product purchase the discount is actually 15% on additional sceneries.